1/11 (Prologue)

-Friday

"10 things I hate about you.."

[Y/n's p.o.v]

"Y/n." My father peaks his head around the corner to find me in the dinning room.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"Can I talk to you.?" He walks in and sits across from me at the table.

"Mhm. What's up?" I look up from my homework at him.

"So..I have good news and bad news.." My father starts.

"The good news is..you're gonna get to see your mother again.." Tears formed in his eyes as he looked down at the table.

"Bad news is..you're staying with her.." I stand up.

"Wh- What?! But she lives in the US!" I shout.

"I know sweetie.." Tears were now flowing down his face.

"It's an 11 hour flight! What about you?! How am I gonna see you?! How am I gonna see grandma?! Or grandpa?!" I scream, tears welling up in my e/c eyes.

"How am I gonna see Tetsuro..or the team..?" I thought to myself.

"Think about it this way..you turn 18 soon and you'll be able to move back if you want to..but the court says at least until then you have to live with your mother.." My father explains, his voice shakey.

I cover my face with my hands, "No! No! I don't want to!" I cry.

"Sweetheart it's not our choice..I'm sorry.." My father walks over to me, giving me a tight hug to comfort me.

"You need to go pack sweetie..you leave next Monday.." My father says, pulling away from me and patting me on the back.

"That's only 10 days.." I whimper.

"I know..just try to make everything quick..okay.?" He says and I nod.