++ 2 ++

Cairo. The closest city had to be Cairo.

You helped Chan wrap one of his packed away shirts around his waist to slow the bleeding. He managed to stay awake until you arrived to the city, but you can see his complexion pale by the minute.

You arrived at dawn and to your dismay brought Chan to an old...acquaintance.

You knock on the wooden door with your free hand, your other supporting your brother. After no response you bang louder and movement sounds inside.

"Unless it's an emergency, we don't open for another two hou-"

A man around Chan's age stands in the door way. His messy brown hair show's that he must've been sleeping. A shadow seems to cast over him.

"Y/n."

"You know I wouldn't have come here if I didn't have to."

He turns to your brother, "Chan?"

He barely picks up his head smiling weakly. Even while on the verge of death, your brother still tries his best to be polite.

"What happened to him?"

"Gun shot."

The man looks over your brother's state and moves to the side, "Bring him to the back."

You help Chan through the small apartment. This is the only private clinic in the city, originally built as one of the apartments in the large clay building.

Knowing your way around you don't wait to take Chan straight to the operating room. You help lay him on his back on the table.

"How are you feeling, Channie?"

"A little tired...I just...need some rest."

"No no, you can't go to sleep right now, let the doctor help you and then you can sleep, okay?"

"...okay."

Chan's eyes have already glazed over. You're usually not the one to worry, that's your brother's job, but you take hold of his hand out of anxiety.

The doctor walks in a couple minutes later holding a large bag. He opens it and begins to prepare his area. He doesn't rush, calmly placing the tools out. You won't admit it, but you're impressed by his relaxed state.

"Put these on."

You immediately comply, snatching the gloves out of his hand. He begins unwrapping the cloth from his waist and lifts up Chan's shirt to unveil the bullet wound.

"Alcohol."

You grab the bottle of liquor and hand it to the doctor.

To your surprise he holds it out to Chan, "It's to late to numb you. Take a drink."

Chan props himself up on his elbow and takes a swig. The man takes it back and hesitates.

"This is gonna hurt like hell, you ready?"

Chan looks at you and reaches for you, "Mom?...how did you get here?"

Your breath catches in your throat, eyes wide.

"Keep him still."

You snap out of your frightened state and go to the end of the table pressing your hands down on Chan's shoulders. With no warning the man presses the cloth to the wound. Chan grunts as his hand latches onto your forearm. You struggle to keep your brother in place as he squirms around. You shut your eyes, not able to see him in so much pain.

The cloth is removed and he immediately relaxes. You lift your hands and you can already feel a bruise forming from where he had his death grip on you. Your eyes peek open and your blood turns to ice.