Chapter 1: The Message

I woke up at 4am. I couldn't sleep well last night. I've been seeing nightmares since the last 2 months that I entered this house. And every time I lie down and close my eyes to sleep, it's the same thought that bothers me. When will I die?!

By the way I'm Allison, an 18 year old pursuing my dream of becoming a well known writer. I shifted my house a couple of months ago. This is a nice 1 BHK flat that I'm living in. The rent is fare. And the place is comfortable. It's situated on the 4th (topmost) floor of the building with only 2 flats on each floor. This explains that the flats are very spacious indeed. I found this place on 'Virtual Houses', an app that deals with renting out flats and houses. It got a 1 star rating. But I wonder why?!

Everything was nice and beautiful, until the day I got a nightmare. Ever since then, I've been getting the same nightmare every night. It would feel like I've been tied to chair and someone's cutting little scars all over my body.

One...two..three..

And then I wake up. It's highly disturbing. It's been 60 days of sleepless nights and nothing is worse than not getting enough sleep.
After I woke up, I walked towards the washroom to wash my face. I went back to bed and checked my phone. I scrolled through Instagram and watched a few memes to lighten my mind and I felt better immediately.
All of a sudden, I heard some noise coming from the washroom. Like, someone had left the tap open. But I closed it, didn't I? Maybe, I left it open. So I went to check what it was. I placed my hand over the door's handle and my phone gave a loud beep. It was a message. I thought of checking it later and opened the door.

"AAAHHHHH!"
I saw a girl washing her face. It was me! I ran back to my bed and covered myself with a blanket. Is this place possessed? Is this why I'm getting all these nightmares?
The tap stopped running. Utter silence!
"Who is it?" I asked.
No one replied. I picked up my courage and walked to the washroom. Step by step. Maybe it's just a dream. It's only 5 in the morning. I carefully opened the door. No one inside. The tap is closed. What a relief! I looked at all the 4 corners and there was no one to be found. A greater relief!
I'm probably day dreaming. I thought. What is the worst that could happen? I went back to my bed and checked my phone to view the message.
It was delivered by a wierd number containing 4 digits. The message read:
"Don't go to the washroom. There's someone inside."