Chapter 23 : Meaning of Life

The most anticipated day has come. All eyes are attentive. All ears are lent. Focus is on one person, for the greatest musician of this generation, the known to be flawless performer. Not only the fans and media are on it, but also the general public whose attention and interests were hooked up by Chaeyoung's unexpected fold of events in her life. This day won't end without an answer from her.

When everyone's having a mixed emotions of nervousness, excitement and anticipation, one of the most affected, Jennie, is having it worse, or not worst. Her restlessness kept her up, her anxiety kept her nerves all worked up and not a single second that her mind and heart were given an ease as she's extremely occupied since the last time she heard Chaeyoung's voice.

"Miss Jennie! Please stop!" The nurse warned her patient, yet she wasn't regarded, instead she was pushed away.

"Don't touch me! I need to go to the venue! I need to talk to Chaeyoung!" Jennie barked.

The commotion inside her room can be heard all the way to the busy hallway. And the approaching Lisa and Jisoo clearly heard Jennie's roars and whines from the outside. Thus, they rushed in, only to find Jennie desperately crawling on the floor, trying to move on her own. She's in tears and every push she does, her cries of frustration would resonate.

"Hey! Jennie! What the hell are you doing?" Jisoo quickly went to rescue her best friend and Lisa also hastily carried her up from the floor and put her back on the bed.

The nurse interrupted, worried as she reveals, "She's been trying to escape after she had her lunch. She's insisting she wants to go to Chaeyoung's press conference scheduled today."

"You know you cannot go there on your own! And moreover, we won't let you go." Lisa strictly warned Jennie who is breathless sitting up on her bed.

Out of frustration, Jennie slammed her weak hands countless times by her lap, releasing her emotions as she whines, "How can I not feel this way? Chaeng isn't responding to my messages and calls at all ever since yesterday she called me. I can't reach her manager either and it makes me so damn anxious! She told me not to worry about anything and trust her and yet she's doing this to me?"

"Relax." Jisoo said calm and sent the nurse away.

"Do you know anything about her plans?" Jennie confronted the two and both silently shook their head. "It's impossible Chaeng didn't tell you anything!" She then directed her wrath towards Lisa.

Lisa however denies, "I swear I don't know anything! We did talk and all I know is about the press conference. I don't know what she's going to say or anything!"

"Then let me go and talk to her on my own!" Jennie insisted.

As she attempted to get out of her bed again, this time Jisoo forcibly pushed her down the bed, raising her voice to her best friend, "Jennie will you stop it already? You cannot even walk on your own! You cannot even help yourself!"

Lisa gasped and intently eyed on Jisoo as she lost her control for a moment right there. It was only then that Jisoo realized how offensive her words are when Jennie turned into a complete mum, shocked and offended she cannot even blink her eyes.

"Sorry..." Jisoo breathed and let her best friend go from her grip. "I didn't mean to offend you. It's just that I don't know how to hold you back because knowing you, you'll really insist on doing something you're locked on to do." She looked away in guilt.

Lisa bothered not to intervene with the best friend's small argument as she just went to fix Jennie's blanket and covered her body with it. Though she does have a deep idea of Chaeyoung's purpose for the press conference, she doesn't want the information to come out first from her mouth, rather Jennie should hear it from Chaeyoung herself. Hence, she zipped her mouth from telling more than necessary.