Drinking and driving kills

Harry and Zayn are both in 2nd grade
Harry: 9
Zayn: 10

"Zaynie! Zaynie! W-Wait up!" Harry tried to catch up to the 2nd grader, but his little feet's can only run so quick. Luckily for the lad, Zayn heard him and turned around, smiling rather widely at the younger boy.

"Hi Haz, everything alright?" Harry rapidly nodded, trying to steady his breathing.

"I-I'm ok."

"Ok cool, so what's up?"

Harry started to play with his fingers, not making a single contact with his and Zayn's eyes. "I was wondering i-if you would wanna come with us to the park.. my mommy told me that it's p-per-fex-ee..." Harry struggled.

Zayn chuckled fondly and corrected him, "Perfectly?"

"Yeah! That.." Harry shyly nodded his head once more. "P-Perfect-ily... fine with her, you just need to ask your mom."

"I would love to go to the park with you, Harr-"

"Zayn!"

A taller girl with blonde hair and green eyes came running towards Zayn and putting her hands on his shoulders only so he can give her a boost to jump up.

Zayn winced by the pressure, "oh hey Gigi."

"Nothing muuuch!" She twirled her finger in a single strand of hair while Zayn stared at his confusedly, he didn't say anything else but greet her. "I was wondering if you would like to come with me to the movies today. My daddy gave me $100 for it."

"Uhh, I'm sorry Gigi but I'm actually going to the park with Harry this afternoon." He rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"The park? With Harry?" She bitterly spat. Harry was witnessing the whole thing, only thing that bothered him was that she was present.

"Yup. Would you like to join us?" Harry quickly glanced at him, pleading for him to say that it was a joke and he didn't want her there.

"My mother wouldn't want me hanging out with a bunch of lowlifes." She gazed at Harry. "But if you're gonna be there then sure, I'll go."

Zayn crosses his arms, staring at her with an incensed look in his eyes, "Don't call him a lowlife. It isn't his fault that his family isn't as rich as yours. Not everyone is as lucky as you." He intertwined his hand with Harry's little one, hoping that it will comfort him. However, Harry had no clue on what a lowlife is, but he didn't care he was to busy blushing furiously at the fact that his crush was holding his hand.

He heard Gigi scoffed and turned around, "you know my house number, call me the deats." She dramatically turned in her heals and flipped her hair away from her shoulders and strutted away, her purple dress swaying between her legs. Harry stared at her dress, wishing that he had one just like hers.

Zayn turned his gaze at Harry, studying his face carefully, "whats going on in that small mind of yours?"

"What is a lowlifes?"

"Oh. Uh, don't worry about that, babe." He lead Harry down the hallway and outside the school, both waiting for the school bus to arrive.

Harry then spotted a rabbit on the road, it was a small light gray fella with a white cotten tail. Harry then looked over to the road seeing that a car was driving towards the direction where the rabbit was. It was riding rather quickly, and it seemed like it wasn't gonna stop. "Zayn! The rabbit is gonna get hurt!" Harry struggled to get out of Zayn's grip and ran to the rabbit with Zayn running behind him. "Harry! No!"

Harry picked up the creature, having it snuggle close to Harry as he looked straight to the car like an animal that is about to get trampled. Zayn quickly threw himself at Harry causing the three of them to land on the other side of the road. The car began to spin as if it has lost control.

"Are you crazy!? You could've been killed!" Zayn yelled, helping Harry up who still has the bunny on his small hands, caressing it with his fingers. "I'm sorry, Zaynie but this beautiful creature that Mommy Nature granted us could've died too. I couldn't allow that to happen, I just couldn't." Harry put the rabbit in front of zayn then hugging it then, shaking his head. Zayn sighed, holding the bridge of his nose. "Harry, you scared me. I.. I don't know what I'll do if I lost you." He then hugged Harry a tight one fighting back any tears.

"Don't cry Zaynie. I'm right here aren't I? Or am I actually dead. What if I'm actually dead but I don't know it yet? Do dead people suddenly not go to heaven but instead stay here and roam earth?" The questions Harry was asking overwhelmed Zayn since his heart was still shivering in fear to the point he felt it crack a bit. "No baby, you are still alive. I promise." He caressed Harry's jaw both smiling at one another.

"Hey! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to almost kill you." A man in a suit wobbly walked towards the two younger children. He then hugged the boys, then spoke, reeking of the smell of alcohol and cigarettes. "Are you ok?" His eyes traveled around the curly headed child, hungrily licking his lips. Zayn seemed to notice the mans intentions and lightly pushed Harry behind him. "We're ok. But it seems like you aren't. You really shouldn't be drinking and driving, before you ACTUALLY get someone killed."

The opulent fellow bend towards Zayn, his brown eyes studying Zayn. "You should learn to stay quiet before you get hurt, little boy." Zayn pierced his honey ambers through the man, fire lit in them... "Funny, because the method you have for driving is a death wish for you and others around you. Drinking and driving is illegal, that's something you should've learned..." Zayn took a look at the suited figure in front of him then continued, "...40 years ago? It's a shame to have a CHILD tell you right from wrong. Would be very embarrassed if I were you. Now get out of here before I call the cops for act of child predatory AND not being able to resist the taste of alcohol till you get to a safe environment." The man stiffened at his words, silently getting up, almost falling because of it, and goes back to his car and driving off.

"That was very brave of you, Zaynie." Harry giggled, "Thank you for saving me and Dumpkins."

"Dumpkins?" He questioned before having Harry nod his head. "Oh.. well, hehe, y-you're welcome." Zayn bashfully chuckled. Harry quickly kissed Zayn's cheek and ran off giggling. Zayn felt his cheeks turn red and body getting hotter by second.

He dreamily grinned, having hearts pop around him. The crack on his heart repairing itself every time he thought about Harry's lips on his cheek.