Part 9

I stood impatiently waiting for my food. I had nothing else really to look forward to since Y/n was going to be in Japan for a while.

"Hey Ferd you ok?" I looked at Bones "yeah I'm fine. Just thinking." He nodded "about what?" I sighed "I dont know. Anything I guess." It was silent for a little "you miss her dont you?" I looked at him then looked away "yeah I do. I wish...I wish she wasnt a horse sometimes so we could have a family." He sat down next to me "Ferd I know how you feel. A few years back when we were still at...that place. I fell in love with another thoroughbred they had there. She was absolutely stunning, but she had something go wrong with all four feet and had to be killed. We knew each other for a long time and we both wanted kids, but she was another species, so we never tried."

He was upset after telling me that "I'm sorry that happened Bones." He shrugged "that's just how life is. It can be kind to some and like trash to others." I looked at him and could tell he was crying "you really loved her huh?" He nodded "yeah. She was Y/n's older half sister which is why Y/n is one of my best friends." I nodded "I hope things start to look up for you." He got up "me too, but I doubt it will." He walked off then Nina appeared "hey Ferdinand." She hugged me "heres your food. We will go for an adventure when your done."

Time skip (cause I'm lazy)

I heard the all to familiar truck pull up so my attention went from watering the flowers to running to greet Y/n just like everyone else.

When she got off the truck Nina ran over to her and hugged her and Y/n hugged back. "I missed you so much girl." Usually she'd respond with something like 'I missed you too' but she didn't and she gave a soft nicker to Nina who giggled as Y/n nuzzled her face with her own. Once Y/n was put in the pasture with us she did a full lap around it before stopping by us who just sat and watched knowing we couldn't keep up with her.

"Hey guys." We all smiled "hey Y/n." She laid down next to me and sighed "I missed being home." Valiente chuckled "yeah well flower bull missed you about as much as you missed home." She looked up at me and I looked away from her slightly embarrassed "thats ok because I missed him too." She gave a smile in my direction and I still wouldn't really look at her and the others took that as a sign to leave us for a moment.

"So how was Japan?" She sighed with a smile "it was nice. I mean don't get me wrong I love this place with my whole heart, but I loved it there. It was so different and I loved seeing other horses and being around them, like that pure white filly Nina loves named Sodashi that was born last year she has promise and alot of it." I looked down and sighed thinking she might want to go back and never come home "and yet while I loved it there I couldn't stop thinking about home...and you."

I quickly looked at her and she had looked away from me then we both fell silent before I heard her do a quiet giggle and look back at her belly then just sit and watch it.

"What are you doing?" She looked at me and smiled before standing up and shaking the dust off herself "I was watching the baby move." She started walking towards the gate and jumped it with ease before heading to the house and sticking her head through the window which was when I heard Nina and Juan both laugh a little "ok ok I'll get you your special food hold on."