Love

Chapter 15
Date: error
Countdown: day 26

8:00am

Jungkook is getting weaker.

Sometimes he can't even walk around that he's so weak and I'm scared that he's going to disappear all together.

He tries to hide it from me but I can see it as clear as day that something's wrong with him. I don't want to accept what I suspect it may be. I just can't.

I try not to think about that too hard, though.
Everytime I picture his face, my heart constricts and I don't know if it's because I'm worried that he's basically fading off the face of the earth...or if it's because I'm falling for him. Hard.

It's both, unfortunately.

I walk up the stairs the to the fire escape and my head buzzes with unwanted thoughts.

I'm falling in love with a ghost. A ghost has fallen in love with me.

And he's very, very ill.

I need advice and I honestly can't think of anyone else to talk to except to Hoseok. He must know how to help, right?
Perhaps, he can use his freaky ghost intuition.

Maybe he'll know what I can do to for Jungkook because I'm running out of ideas.
We hadn't gotten further than finding out that his disappearance/death is pretty much a mystery to the Korean Justice System itself. The law isn't going to help, so it it's up to us.

I push open the door of the fire escape, gingerly, expecting to see Hoseok throwing himself off the roof casually.

But, somehow, what I see instead is even more shocking and I have to do a double-take.

"Hoseok?" I blurt out before I can even stop myself. I feel my face tint scarlet and I'm tempted to turn back and leave.

Hoseok is pressed up against the wall by a shorter, silvered haired man and they're in the middle of a heavy make out session. I gag at the noises and shudder as they relentlessly suck each other's faces off like a bunch of wild, starved animals.

I almost choke.

Deciding to grow a pair, I clear my throat loudly so they hear over the sound of their incessant slurping.

Finally noticing my presence, Hoseok peels himself off the wall and detaches himself from the man, who whines at the loss of contact.

"Y/n! Hello there!" He calls happily through his chapped lips, coming to hug me tightly.

"How have you been? You look great!"  Hoseok giggles at me excitedly even though I'm only wearing a simple tank top and sweat pants.

"Uh," I say awkwardly as I stare back and forth between Hoseok and the other guy who's staring at me but still hasn't said a word. I take in his striking, catlike eyes.

I try to ignore the obvious bite marks on Hoseok's neck and how both of them have disheveled hair.

"Oh! Silly me, I haven't introduced you two yet," he says and pulls the guy and me toward each other.

"Y/n, this is Yoongi, my boyfriend. And Yoongi, this is y/n, Jungkookie's new girlfriend!"

I don't bother correcting him and instead go to shake Yoongi's pale hand.

"Are you dead, too?" I ask him unsurely.

He and Hoseok chuckle at me.

"Of course not," he says like it's obvious.
"So you're the new neighbour of mine that's so noisy, hm?" He says with a smirk on his cute features.