Chapter 1

A/N: Hey y'all, back at again with a NEW story (even though I haven't finished the others)

I do have to warn you on this chapter, If you are especially sensitive to sexual abuse, abuse, any of that, there is a checkpoint for you to stop reading and another checkpoint where you can read again, it's not that extreme, there is no further details about anything but there is mention of it.

"Scar! I'm hungry!" I opened my eyes to see my sister, Savannah, standing in front of me.

"Sav, you don't need to yell if you're right in front of me." I groaned, turning over. "Besides, can't you make your own breakfast?"

"I'm only 6 and you said I can't touch the stove." She argued. Hard to argue with that.

"What time is it even?" I pulled my phone out from under my pillow and checked the time. 8:03 AM. "Ok, wait for me downstairs, get out the eggs, flour, sugar, milk and butter, try not to be so loud, the others are still sleeping. She skipped out of my room and down the stairs. Once I finally got up I went to the bathroom and brushed my gold, wavy hair and teeth, attempting to look half decent. 

"Ok pour 3 cups of flour into the bowl." I said, sliding over the flour and a measuring cup to Savannah's mixing station. 

When we finished making pancakes, we sat down at the table and started to eat.  

"Wow, you're eating pancakes without me?" Grayson said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Gray!" Savannah yelled excitedly, jumping onto his back.

"Hey Sav," Gray said, kissing her on the head.

"There's pancakes on the counter if you want any, but save some for Jack will ya? You know how he is about food." Jack loves food, i've never met anyone who loves food more than him, but to be fair I don't know a lot of people, only Grayson and Jack, of course there were the foster parents but they were horrible people and even thinking about them made my blood boil and the desire to kill them for what they did was there, constantly. Grayson and Jack are older than me, Gray is 22 and Jack is 20 although they can both act like 5 year olds at times, but they're my best friends and they saved my life, and my sister's, so I learned to put up with it.

"Come on Savannah, you have to do your schooling." Savannah didn't go to regular school, it was mainly because nobody but the people in this house knew of her existence, if they did, they would take her away from me and throw her back into the foster system. Thought of us being separated made my stomach turn, I'm turning 18 in 4 months so as long as I can keep her a secret for that long then I can legally have her under my care.

"Why can't I go to a real school, with other kids?"

"Savannah we talked about this, nobody knows about you and nobody can, not until I turn 18, then maybe you can go to a regular school, ok?" She nodded her head and went to her desk in the living room.

"Scarlett, what really happened in that foster house, I know almost everything about you except what happened. Please tell me." Grayson said as he sat down across from me. Memories flooded my mind and it became seemingly harder to breath. I swallowed the lump in my throat and began talking, it was time he knew.

A/N: This where you stop reading if you are sensitive to abusive situations. There is another checkpoint where can start reading again :)

"I was ten when I was put into the foster system, my dad, he was a horrible person, he drove my mother away just four months after Savannah was born, she left us with him and didn't look back." I wiped the tear that was threatening to spill and continued. "My dad would abuse me daily, beat me with a broken beer bottle, threatened to kill me, hold a knife against my throat, he was a fucking psychopath. I could endure all of the abuse as long as he didn't lay a hand on Savannah. One day Savannah was crying a lot, she was teething and in a lot of pain. He'd had enough, tried to kill her right in front of me, I pulled out a knife and stabbed him in his leg. I took Savannah and ran, I ran and didn't look back."

"Scar, I'm so sorry that happened to you, nobody deserves for that to happen to them-"

"Wait, I'm not done yet." I interrupted, if I was going to tell him the story I wanted to tell him the whole story. He nodded at me to continue. "I slept on the streets for two days with Savannah, she cried a lot, I didn't have money for food, we were beggars. Eventually the authorities were called, they put us into the system. Savannah and I were separated, no one wants a teenager. Finally I got into a foster home with Mary and Daniel. They were almost as bad as my father, they locked me in the basement that had a disgusting couch that was falling apart, with a blanket that was as thin as paper and had holes all over it. For food, all I got was scraps, pieces of bread, old pieces of fruit. During the day they made me clean with no breaks and if I missed a spot or didn't do something to their standard, they would beat me with a bat. Half of the time I couldn't walk due to all my bruises, but they didn't care. One day Maria went to the store and I was left alone with Daniel." At this point, tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably as I arrived at the climax of my story.

"Scarlett, you don't have to finish if you don't want to, I didn't mean to pressure you."

"No it's ok, you should know, it's been long enough."

"Ok."

"Daniel made me wash the dishes as he sat on the couch in the living room, drinking. As I put the final dish on the rack, my hand slipped and the plate smashed. Daniel heard and came stumbling into the kitchen, his eyes flashed with fury and he grabbed my arm, pulling me down to basement. He pushed me down on the couch and he... he..." I began to feel very claustrophobic. Grayson wrapped his hands around me gently, pulling me into a hug. I took deep breaths and mustered up the courage to keep going.

"He raped me." I blurted. I heard Grayson inhale sharply.

"Oh my god Scarlett." He breathed. "Oh my god, I am so so sorry, if I ever find these people I will kill them." He pulled away and held my face in his hands. "You're safe now, no one can touch you." He said softly.

A/N: Sensitive readers, you can start reading again :)

"I was forced to run, again. I knew where Savannah had been transferred to, who she was living with. Luckily it was only a 45 minute walk, I ran all the way, I din't stop to take a break even though my bruises hurt like hell, everything hurt like hell but the thought of seeing Savannah gave me motivation. I just prayed that she was sent to a good home, unlike me. When I arrived at the house, I heard screaming and yelling on the front yard, it was night time and I could hardly see but there was a box on the floor. I tuned out the arguing and I could hear a baby crying, I knew exactly who it was. The couple arguing next to the box were very clearly drunk. The man was yelling at the lady about Savannah and she was yelling back at him. After a while, they went inside, leaving Savannah in the box on the yard, still crying. She was scared, all alone in the dark. When I knew the coast was clear, I ran towards her. I can't say for sure but it felt like she knew who I was, she instantly stopped crying as I cradled her in my arms."

"She knew, how could she forget having an amazing sister like you?"

 "I took her and we left, we were back on the streets. After a while of being poor, and surviving on the few dollars a day that people gave us as they walked past, I entered a life of thieving. I went to Los Angeles and began. I would break into houses, more like mansions, and find as much cash as I could, took some food and left, without a trace. I was able to provide food for Savannah and have some left over for myself, I was able to get us clothes and blankets. We stayed at different motels every other week, on the days that I went thieving, I left Savannah by herself, she was always there waiting for me with a smile on her face when I came back. Savannah turned 4 and I decided to take her to a restaurant, get her a proper cooked meal, not just pop tarts, noodles and vegetable snacks. That restaurant, water grill-"

"That's where I came in." Grayson smiled.

"Yes, and everyday I am grateful to you, if you and Jack hadn't welcomed us into your home, who knows where we might've ended up."

"I knew what it was like, to be living with nothing." Like me, Gray and Jack were parentless, they became common thieves at an earlier age than me and together we live in a great house in Los Angeles with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a decent kitchen and living space.

A/N: And there's chapter 1 finished. That was a lot to take in but it only gets better from here, hopefully :) But I hope you all liked it, until next time loves <3

-J💚