Chapter 4

A/N: Should I make actual chapter titles or just leave it numbered?

4:00 AM. I was startled awake by sudden gasping that came from Savannah's bed across the room. I rushed off my bed over to her. She was covered in sweat and had gone pale again.

"I...I... c- can't... breathe... help... help... me," She pleaded in between gasps. I yelled out Gray's name at the top of my lungs. 

"Savannah, listen to me, listen to my voice, you need to calm down ok?" I tried to sound calm but I was panicking. Gray and Jack came rushing through the open door of our room and Gray rushed over, trying to help Savannah. Without realising it, tears were spilling out of my eyes, blurring my vision.

"I've got it, she'll be fine." Gray assured me. I went over and stood next to Jack, who lingered in the doorway, worry evident on his tired face.

"He knows what he's doing, Sav will be ok, she's a survivor. Like you." Jack said, rubbing my back comfortingly. I tried not to squirm under his touch but I couldn't help but recoil slightly. Jack, noticing this, stopped and nodded at me in silent understanding.

"Scar she's ok." Gray called over his shoulder, handing Savannah a bottle of water.

"Savannah you scared me!" I said relieved, throwing my arms around her tiny frame. Tinier. She lost weight, she was starting to look sickly.

"Thank you, Gray." I said. After a few minutes, the boys left the room and went back to their own, not before assuring me that I could call them if we needed anything, nothing I didn't already know.

"Sav, can you stand up?" I asked her, to which she replied with a weak nod. I helped her get out of bed, Savannah isn't a fat kid, she never was, even though she eats more than any of us in this house hold, with the exception of Jack of course, but she wasn't as boney as she now appeared in front of me. I lifted up her shirt slightly, her ribs practically poking out of her skin.

"Are you hungry Savannah? I can make you something. You need to eat." She shook her head, yawning. I didn't want to force her to eat so I let it go, for now. I helped her walk to the bathroom, turning the scale on. Not bothering to undress her since she was in light weight shorts and a shirt anyway, I got her standing on the scale. I inhaled sharply as I read the numbers on the scale, 35 Pounds.

"Can I go back to bed now?" Savannah asked sleepily.

"Yes. You can sleep with me tonight okay? I'll go get you some ice and medicine, you're still burning up." I grabbed her stuffed teddy bear and placed it in her arms as she drifted off to sleep in my bed.

♛♛♛♛♛

"Savannah. It's 1 in the afternoon, it's time to wake up. How are you feeling today?" I asked when she was finally responsive.

"I'm tired." She replied.

"You can go back to sleep but you need to eat now and try to move around a little bit." I said. I helped her get out of her bed then brushed her teeth and put her in new clothes. Her temperature had gone down but it hadn't gone back to normal. I stood Savannah on the bed so she could go onto my back. She wrapped her tiny arms around my neck and we went down stairs.

"There she is, I made you breakfast Sav." Jack said cheerfully, trying to lighten Savannah's mood.

"Thanks Jack, where's Gray?" I asked.

"Ummm... he went out, he's also getting Savannah more medicine, just in case." He said.

We all sat down at the table and ate pop-tarts and cereal and drank juice. Savannah hardly touched her food to the point where I had to force her to eat something, anything. There was a loud, banging knock at the front door. What the hell? 

"I'll get it." I said slowly, getting up. I grabbed the switch blade from on top of the fridge and went to the door. Just in case. Upon opening the door, I was met with a gun pointed at my head. Great, I had literally just brought a knife to a gun fight. Barely fazed, I looked past the gun, to the man behind the trigger. Jace. I instantly recognised him from the photos I showed Jack and Gray. He stood there, around his neck rested a gold chain with a cross, a stray lock of his jet-black hair hanging in his face, almost blocking his chocolatey brown eyes. Shit!

"Can I help you?" I said, moving my head to the side to get the gun out of my face, trying not to react. It was then I noticed big bulky guys flanking Jace from a safe distance.

"You have something of mine. I want it back." Jace said.

"Well now there's no need for this then." I placed a finger on top of the barrel, lowering it slowly. A look of confusion and befuddlement at my lack of fear crossed Jace's face before he covered it back up with his cold, hard eyes.

"Scar! Savannah is throwing up!" I heard Jack yell from the kitchen. Where the hell is Gray? I wondered. 

"Would you gentleman excuse me for just one moment?" I attempted to turn around but Jace placed his hand on my shoulder, turning me back around roughly. I shuddered under his touch and drew in a deep breath, memories flooded my mind but I quickly dismissed them, focusing on the situation at hand.

"Not so fucking fast. You robbed from me, two nights ago, you took something. I. Want. It. Back." He demanded. How did he- We were all cautious, we always are. So how did he know? 

"Enough bullshit." Said one of the guys from behind Jace. "This bitch stole from us, she's seen our faces, we came here to do a job, so we finish it, finish her."

"I'M GIVING ORDERS NOW! STAND THE FUCK DOWN!" Jace roared back at him. I heard running footsteps from behind me, I turned and saw Jack standing there, a look of panic on his face, holding Savannah in his arms. He looked at the guys and his face twisted in even more panic.

"She just passed out. I don't know what happened, she was throwing up and-" He cut himself off, trying to calm himself. Now I was panicking. I had one fucking job and now these guys had the fucking nerve to show up at my place. I could feel my airways starting to tighten, now I was the one having trouble breathing.

"Get a team of our medical staff here now." Jace said into his phone. Well there's an interesting turn of fucking events. "People are coming to help." He said to me. I barely even heard him as I tried to wake up Savannah. I checked her pulse, it was going slower and slower. Less than 2 minutes passed when another car pulled up and about 5 people in white lab jackets piled out.

"We need to get her inside, now." Jace told me.

"No, you can't come in." I defended, blocking the door way slightly.

"Please, we can help her." Jace pleaded, something in his eyes told me he wasn't lying and this wasn't a trick. I thought back to when Gray told me about the hidden boy's room. Could it be that maybe he has a son? No that's crazy.

A/N: These chapters are getting way to long but i'll try to make them shorter. This is like a part one of chapter 4 sort of. Y'all probably don't think it makes sense that he just took a 180 and switched it up like that but I didn't know how else to go about it.

Anyway hope you guys liked it ok byeee.

-J💚