chapter eight

"Christina Marie! Move your ass!" I yelled as I reached the front door

"Jeez mom, relax." Chrissy laughed as she sundered out of her bedroom.

"Why do you have your drunk mom glasses on?" I asked her, referring to her oversized sunglasses we created an elaborate back story for.

"Why wouldn't I?" She said, stopping in front of the full body mirror in the hallway and adjusting them with her fingers. "I look boujee as fuck."

She truly did, she had dressed herself in mom-jeans and a baggy white t-shirt that she had tucked loosely behind her belt. Over top she wore a long tan cardigan and completed the look with her little brown booties. Chrissy had tied her hair back in a low bun and had her nice curtain bangs framing her face nicely.

"Absolutely correct. You're not planning to wear those on the actual plane though correct?" I asked. "While I do love them, you are not a Kardashian."

"One- there was no need to hit me where it hurts. You know I would sell my soul to be Christina with a K." She said sternly. "Two- obviously I'm not wearing them on the plane you jackass."

"Just had to check. Are you ready?" I asked, opening the door.

"Yes ma'am." Chris said, grabbing her suitcase and wheeling it out the door.

I pulled my jean jacket off the hook and tossed it over top of my suitcase before wheeling myself out of the apartment and locking the door behind me.

"I will never understand how you prefer to fly in jeans." I said to Christina as we began our walk down to our Uber.

"It's only two hours." Christina laughed. "Plus I like feeling like I'm hiding from paparazzi."

"Let the dream die." I laughed as we put our suitcases in the trunk of the Nissan Rogue.

"You still manage to look cute when you fly though, thats important. I hate when people show up looking like they couldn't care any less." Christina said as she flopped in her seat.

I was wearing black leggings and a black hoodie, my hair was pulled up into a long straight ponytail and my jean jacket was pulled over the sweatshirt. I was wearing my typical white leather tennis shoes and a pair of sunglasses as well.  The ride over to the airport was quick and quiet, as Christina and I weren't entirely awake. We went through security with ease and found our way to the Starbucks kiosk to bring ourselves to life.

"Why would anyone do crack when they can drink coffee?" Christina said.

"You sound like one of those moms with 'live, laugh, love' signs all around their house." I laughed.

"Fuck you." She laughed as we sat down by our gate. "You must be excited."

"Yeah, I miss home." I smiled.