The Boy In The Iceberg

/3rd POV/

    Pyro was lounging on the deck playing a game with his uncle, Iroh, when a beam of light shot into the air a few miles away. Aaaand Zuko will flip. Pyro thought as he watched his younger brother, Zuko, stare at the light from the front of the ship.

    "Finally," he heard his brother mumble, before rounding on the uncle, "Uncle, do you know what this means?" Uncle Iroh sighed, "That me and Pyro won't get to finish our game." Pyro signed in disappointment, he really wanted to finish the game. "It means our search is about to come to an end." Zuko said, dramatically looking back at the beam of light. Pyro stared at his brother for a moment, " If our search ends you know we'll have to go back the Fire Lord and the nation, right. That means back to more rules, rules, and even more rules." Pyro hated addressing his father as 'father'.

    Pyro flopped onto his back and started at the sky. Why did Zuko want to go back? Pyro knew  Zuko wanted his honor back more then anything, but why go back to the Fire Nation? Why not stay out here and play games with Uncle Iroh and drink tea. That would be more fun then going back.

Zuko ignored Pyro and went back to addressing the light. "That light must of came from an incredible source. It has to be him." Iroh must of also wanted to get back to the game, " Oh but it could also be the celestial lights. We've been down this road before, Zuko." Pyro snickered when he remembered the time Zuko was dead sure the Avatar was back and they went on a wild goose case, only to realize it was just the celestial lights. I'm never letting Zuko live that one down. Iroh kept going on about not wanting Zuko to keep getting his hopes up.

    "Now if you will excuse us, me and Pyro were in the middle of a game we would like to get back to." Iroh said, looking back at the game. "Hey, Zuko," Pyro called out, "Would you like some calming Jasmine Tea?" He said, gesturing towards to tea on the table. Zuko rounded on his elder brother "I DONT NEED ANY CALMING TEA. I NEED TO CAPTURE THE AVATAR." Zuko shouted. Pyro shrugged, "Your lose." He mumbled, already used to Zuko's temper.

    Zuko started ordering the crew around, while Pyro poured himself and Iroh some tea, while Iroh stared at one of the game pieces him and Pyro were using.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pyro and Iroh headed up to the top of the boat where Zuko was, just to see how he was doing. "I'm going to bed now," Iroh yawned, "Yep, a man needs his rest." Pyro went along with it, "Yes Zuko, you also need some sleep, I'll keep watch." Iroh continued, "Even if your right and the avatar is alive, you won't fined him. Your father, grandfather, and great-grandfather all tried and failed." "Because their honor didn't hinge on the Avatars capture." Before Zuko could continue, Pyro slipped off, not wanting to hear another lecture about 'regaining honor' and 'It is the most important thing'.

Pyro didn't care about what his father thought about him, and he certainly didn't regret what he said that day. Pyro faintly touched his side, where the burn was. No, he would never regret it.

Pyro changed out of his clothes into some more comfy ones, and went to bed. That night he had no dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Pyro was sitting beside Iroh, having to of already did his training. "Again." Iroh called. Zuko and the two other Firebenders started to train, shooting fire at one another and dodging it. Iroh signed in disappointment. "No, power and Firebending come from breathing, not the muscle." As Iroh lectured them, Pyro heard a little squawk from the side of the boat. After making sure no one was watching, he snuck off to go investigate. Pyro walked over to the side of the boat and looked over, engorging the fear starting to bubble in his stomach from the water flowing past.

    Pyro saw his dragon companion, Kira, hovering by the side of the deck, just out of sight. "Kira," Pyro whispered, looking at the winged lizard, "You know your not supposed to be here," Pyro sighed lightly, "Just head to my room, there is a plate of food in the closet, I had a feeling you'd come today." Kira made a noise that sounded like a chip of gratitude, and flew off. "Pyro, what are you doing?" Iroh called out. Pyro swung around to see Iroh, Zuko, and the two soldiers looking at him.

    "I-I thought I saw something." Pyro replied, hoping they bought the lie. Zuko seemed to buy it, though Iroh looked suspicious. "It's alright, just pay attention next time, you could learn something useful." Iroh said, brushing off Pyros strange behavior. Pyro sighed, happy no one questioned him. Zuko looked back at Iroh. "Now, you will teach me the advance set." Zuko demanded. Iroh looked down sadly, "Very well, but first," Iroh sat down, "I must finish my Roast Duck." He said, then proceeded to pull out a bowl of Roast Duck and munched on it.

~~~~~~~~~~Haha Timeskip's ~~~~~~~~~~

    Pyro was tending to Kira when he heard footsteps running down the hallway. In panic he shoved the small dragon into the closet, and she did not like that. "Sorry Kira, I'll be right back I promise." Pyro assured her before running off. Pyro ran up on the sack to find Zuko looking through a telescope and mumbling to himself. "What is it?" Pyro asked as he walked up to Zuko. "It's the last Airbender." Zuko said, still looking through the telescope. Pyro frowned. "You sure?" He asked, walking up beside his younger brother.

    "Certain." Zuko said, looking away, "Wake my uncle," Zuko called to a random solid, "Tell him I found the Avatar." Pyro sighed. This might not end well. "As well as his hiding place." Zuko continued, looking at a Water Tribe village. This definitely won't end well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ello readers, and welcome to 'Fire and Earth', where this book will either be good or will rot your brain cells. I am the creator of Pyro, but you can call me Quinn. There will be another writer and their OC will come later, for now here is the question of the Day/Night

Question: If you were a Bender, what kind of Bender would you be (ex. Water, Air, Fire, or Earth)

See y'all next time. Byyyyyeee