II. Astray

AN:  I'm not good at reviewing grammars and vocabularies, unfortunately (admittedly, I'm lazy to do it). My beta reader still has to deal with her personal life. I'll try to fix the first and this chapter again myself when im free :)

____________________________

|| II. Astray ||

Shinobi World...
Fire country...

In the forest near the long-wide river flowing endlessly, making with its peaceful streaming sound echoes around the area.

Two civilian couples were roaming around the woods in search of something crucial. The man in his middle age wearing a dark-blue yukata carrying a basket behind his bag -with freshly picked plant substances in it-. He tied his black hair into a short ponytail. His wife wearing a dark green yukata with long navy blue hair tied in a pretty Maru-mage style.

Both are searching for wild medicinal plants and sell it to the medical shinobi healers contracted with the Senju clan and it's other clan allies. As they scanning around, a man caught something from his eyes located near the flowing river. Seconds after, he realised that him and his wife found something every day which they accustomed to.

"Poor kid." He sigh, with a slight grief. Because of that, his wife afar caught his attention.

" Have you found the one we're looking for?" She asked as she shouted.

"No! it is a..uh....probably another dead child." He shouted her back with hesitation.

The woman alarmed, she ran off towards her husband then he pointed his forefinger to the location. Then they walk forward where they assumed a girl's dead body.

Afterwards, they saw around 6 to 8 years old girl, with long dark-brown wavy-haired girl covered in wet, lied in prone as the girl wore a foreign plain white long dress. As if they saw an unconscious little sprite.

"Seem's like she's not a shinobi." She suggested with a stupefied look. "Could she be one of the war victims?"

"I've never seen such clothing before... she's probably live from a faraway country. The river might brought her here." The man speculated.

When the woman touches her finger on the girl's neck for a pulse check. Her eyes turned to wide and instantly informed his husband that the girl is still alive. The man then hastily carried the girl then they flew away and travelling back into the woods.

— — —-

Enyo slowly opens her eyes, she blinking for a few times until she can adjust to a clear picture. She first saw a brown wood sealing... she slowly stands in upright and rubbing off her eyes.

" You're finally awake! How are you feeling?" The woman asked in relief. The girl was a little bit confused, she looked around, realising she's in a stranger's room. She jumps out of the futon and glances at the concerned woman.

"I have to go back to my mother! She needs my help!" Enyo said. She looks herself around and realised she's wearing an odd but comfortable white robe-like. The woman came to her and places on Enyo's shoulder calmly.

"Don't worry, you're safe here. Tell me where you live so that we could bring you home." She asked solemnly. She understood the girl and might probably face a heinous war just like shinobi children out there.