CHAPTER 12 - Were you stalking me, Heidi?

Songs for the chapter

Awkward smile - Shedhead
Brave - Sara Bareilles

--------------------------------♡♡----------------------------------

I was paddling my way towards the CC as it was going to
be 4 pm soon. I was thinking how am I going to talk to Austin after running away from him today. Things are going to be super awkward for me.

Jesus! Please help me today.

As I reached there, I parked my bike in the parking area and went inside. I ordered two hot chocolates, one with whipped cream and another with marshmallows and choco chips. And one hamburger and one french fries for Austin and myself.

I was sitting in my usual corner and I was waiting for Austin the, giving-my-body-electric-jolts-by-his-touch-guy.
I opened my Spanish textbook and started reading. I was progressing in it because of Austin.

I checked my phone to see the time. 15 minutes have passed but Austin still didn't come. The detention may have been an issue maybe. But it should have ended by 3:30 pm or 3:45 pm as our school gets over at 3 pm. And he must have gone to his place to change or to refresh himself.

I started reading again and Savannah came to me with the order I placed.

"You don't have to do this, Savannah. You could have announced my order like always.", I said trying to smile.

"Nah! It's fine. There are not many customers today and you, my friend, looked a little lost.", she said with her beautiful smile.

"Thanks and I am not lost. It is just this Spanish which is making me feel lost", I chuckled non humorously.

"Where is your boyfriend?", she asked.

"He had some work", I said realizing what I said. Jesus! "Oh and he is not my boyfriend", I said smiling awkwardly.

"Sorry, I thought he is your...er...the way you two are...leave it. Sorry", she smiled awkwardly too.

I checked my phone it was past 4:30.

Jesus! He is not going to come today. Why would he? The way I reacted just by his touch and that kiss on my knuckles. He must have thought I am just a stupid girl who has haphephobia.

I looked at my table. The food which I ordered for Austin and myself rested there untouched.

"Hey, Savannah", I called her as she was going.

"Yeah?", she said.

"Would you mind looking at the food? I am going to meet Aunt Annie backside and I'll call her to have it with me.", I said.

"Sure", she said.

Aunt Annie had a room backside where she stayed during the open hours of CC and kept going there frequently.
And right now she was inside because, mostly, at this hour she is inside and I realize her awkward meet with Austin. Well, it was really awkward for me.

As I reached there, I heard voices of something falling like someone threw a glass material quite harshly, I opened the door and saw the least expected person standing there.

"Son, don't throw things like that. You'll get hurt", Aunt Annie said with a whimpering voice.

"Why Mom? We can get a new one. And I am not getting hurt by this fucking vase. I have got hurt because of you Mom. Because of this fucking garbage like cheap cafe of yours.", Turner said rudely which riled up anger inside me and made me want to slap him and kick his balls and beat him up with that lucky shoe.