One last chance.

Chapter 2, One last chance

Nekomie nodded and looked down. Canada went over to Nippon and tried comforting her. Britian sighed and shook his head "Nekomie. You were supposed to bring your father. Where is he?" U.K asked looking at the small Neko country. Kiku started feeling tears form in her eyes. She didn't answer back. Not knowing how to tell Her father's old friend how he died. France looked at Britian and questions "is it possible that Japanese empire is dead...?" Britian shook his head "He was someone who was strong. He can't be-" Britan looked at Nekomie as she started crying nodding at France's thoughts. Her father was dead. America laughed and stood up "well isn't that amazing! I killed that bitch! He's fucking dead dad, isn't that amazing!?" Canada slapped America, knocking some sense into his older brother. "don't laugh! How would you feel if someone close to you died huh!? It's not fair! Yes, her father was a bad person, but no need to laugh at how they died! While his daughter is right here Infront of you-!" He stood up for kiku, He's a nice person like that. Nekomie smiled at the Cananda.

America sighed and nodded, sitting back down in his seat, kicking his feet up onto the table. Britian coughed to get everyone's attention. "Well. You would like to hear this Nekomie. Your father called me before the nuking of Hiroshima." Nekomie nodded Sadly, not knowing what to do as everyone looked as Britian pulled out a recording and played it. This is what is said.

J.E- Hello Britian.

U.K- Hello my old chum. How are things going for you? You miss me or something, 'friend'?

J.E- No... I just want to tell you something. Supposedly, America is going to nuke the place I'm staying at as of now. And I don't want to leave. Plus, I failed at being a good father for my daughter. I did something I shouldn't have. Do you have the time to let me tell you everything?

U.K- Of course. We may be on different sides, and not so much of friends anymore because you betrayed the league. But of course. Anything for an old friend.

J.E- thank you. Now, I think I've failed as a father. I hurt people she cared about, and she is upset at me doing said things. I wish I was a better father. I failed at protecting her. And i will die with the things I love most. I surrender in this war. I will gladly accept my defeat, and for surrendering, what I get is death. After my death, tell them I surrender. All I ask of you is to please keep my brother and my daughter safe. My daughter is going to a hotel right now away from where the place is getting nuked. I ask of you to protect her because I couldn't. I've failed at being a father and my daughter needs of someone to protect her. As we are enemies as of now, wait till the war is over and save my daughter. Please.

U.K- ofc I will... That child was cute and kind when I first met her back in WW1. I'm sure I can take good care of her. And plus, maybe me and America can help Nekomie with her country's economy. And you where a good friend back then Aswell. Even if we didn't see each other much. It has been amazing to fight by your side, and fight against you, Japanese empire.

J.E- same goes for you. I hope you all stay well and live for as long as possible. Also, tell America that I'm honored to let him raise my child. I hope they will be great friends. Sense America is around Nekomie's age. Thank you again Britan.

U.K- of course my good friend.

-end of call-

Nekomie looked at America and took a step back. Not wanting him to hurt her. America was calm, and was glad no one hated them, it would ruin his reputation. He looked at Kiku and sighed. "i guess I can give you a chance. But only one. If you break it, you're dead." He goes to his room looks over at his trashcan. There were a lot of unopened presents in them. All were from Nekomie. The country went over to said trashcan and opened one up. Inside the present was a squishy burger plushy. The American smiled and placed it on his bed as he quietly thanks Nekomie for the gift.

The French speaking country gave kiku some food, the Country nicknamed kiku ate the food happily, leaving some on the plate as saying it was delicious. France was pleased and petted Nekomie while going to wash the plate. Britian smiled as he went over to his Friends's daughter. "We should help you with your economy first, but you should get some rest before we do, ok? You can go sleep in New Zealand's room. Play well with each other." He said while walking away. Kiwi showed Nekomie to her room, Nekomie happily followed the smaller oceanic country. Once inside said room, Kiwi sat down on her bed as Nekomie looked around the room fascinated by everything the kiwi country had.

After a while of looking around, it was time for everyone to get feed. They all went to the table and got ready to eat, the father U.K was setting up the table once again because everyone knew he was a bad cook. France gave everyone the amazing food as they all ate in silence.