𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 1 - 𝑪𝑼𝑷𝑰𝑫 𝑽𝑺 𝑪𝑹𝑼𝑪𝑰𝑼𝑿

"Cupid, we just got our assignments

"Cupid, we just got our assignments. Put on some pants. Now!"

"Do we need wine?"

Everyone in the city can hear the clicking of her hot pink Mary Jane platform heels across my rose-tinted floor. Judging by the enthusiasm she walked on them, I can imagine that she had gotten her hands on them quite recently.

Her 79th pair of heels.

The room had the strongest odour of coconut and cocoa butter. Amoria must have bathed in the ethereal aroma before visiting my room.

Or maybe it's just me and my cool personality blessing my own surroundings.

I should really stop talking to myself.

"No, I need wine sir, you need to put your pants back on."

"But life is so freeing without them."

"Pants On. Now."

PaNtS oN nOw.

I don't like being dead. It's not cool.

I do not like the idea of doing anything at the moment either. I just want to sit on this chair and think about why I keep having anxiety levels like I am being hunted for sport.

"Cupid, you better hurry!"

There she goes running in my carmine-glittered shirt, trying to fix her hair and making stupid faces at me. My usual day.

As I was in the process of massaging my temples, I let out a puff of baby-pink breath as I exhaled, hoping Amoria could see I was really tired.

Even though I did absolutely nothing other than take a nap for eleven hours.

"Whose love life have I been assigned to anyway?"

She floated seductively in the air with her majestic scarlet wings and gave me a sly look. Her life might not be perfect but her eyeliner is.

"It's a girl. Someone's elder daughter."

She tossed a book at me; the words 'Eros Passion Patrol' embroidered with tiny red crystals shone brightly on the cover. A fancy bookmark hung around the corner.

The ruby-red crystals shone so brightly, I almost felt like I got stuck in the astral realm. Girls should honestly drop the crystal facade and pick up a Glock or a knife instead. Let your man feel the energy properly.

I carefully turned the fragile pages of the book by carefully placing my middle finger on the bookmark and nearly died again.

No, that's an exaggeration.

I nearly reincarnated.

" I am being assigned -" I stole a quick glance at the page again and looked at her, "to an Aries mortal?"

She burst into laughter and I watched garnet sparks burst all around the room. "Good luck with that one, Cupid. I know you'll be an absolute legend."

I am going to be an absolute hoe wingman, I know that for sure.