𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟏 - 𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑾𝑬 𝑺𝑼𝑷𝑷𝑶𝑺𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑶?

DRASHELLE'S POV

DRASHELLE'S POV

"Drashelle Scarsberry, why are you blushing at the mirror?" demanded my mother, running in the house, passing all the objects required for my dad's work, sissy's lunch, and my backpack. It always looks like a relay race in the mornings. 

Each day, I promise to wake up early but I just can't. It's just not possible. But I should've at least done it today because it was the first day of a new academic year. 

Yes, I am sixteen and my mother still wakes me up, or else I might sleep forever.

There I was, standing in front of the mirror with a length of my hair gripped in one hand and a comb in another. I have watched over 100 YouTube tutorials on how to make your hair with braids.

 It looks so easy when they do it. When I try to braid my hair, I honestly wish I could cut off my head. Nevertheless, I did my arm workout and continued to braid my hair as fast as possible. 

This was my first day and I had to look awesome.

I picked up a bottle of cologne that lay in the corner of a shelf and looked at the words labeled on it. I noticed the same words in the other few million bottles I had been using, Eau De Toilette. For years, I thought it meant "For The Toilet", but thanks to my research with the help of Google Translate, it just means cologne in French. I sprayed a few drops on my neck and wrists and inhaled the sweet fragrance.

I looked at the mirror and began talking in front of it, "Okay, I have to make a good impression. It's the first day. I can't mess up anything. I have to give good answers and not stutter my words, no exploding, check out guys, I have to go sit...Oh, who am I going to sit with?"

There were two types of rows in my school. The side rows where the tables and chairs are all lined up and there were no partners. So you just stay near the wall. The other row is the one where 2 desks and chairs are together. 

Sitting in the side row is not really a good choice, especially if it's the first day.

 You need a partner. So that you can look at your partner and be like, "What are we supposed to do?"

I have been studying in the same school for 5 years and knew almost everyone in my batch. This was a new class with different classmates and I mumbled a silent prayer that I would tag along with someone I meet. It shouldn't be hard anyway, since I naturally attract friendly people all the time.

I looked in the mirror for the hundredth time, carefully tucked my shirt underneath my navy blue pleated skirt, pulled my long white socks till they reached an inch below my knee, and fished out my jacket which was of a similar shade to my skirt, and left it unbuttoned. The bedroom door almost hit me as I dashed across the room to ask my mother to help me with the tie because I can't do it myself.

Yes, I know, pathetic.

I ran back to my bedroom and my eyes lingered over the packets of little jewelry hanging over the wall and picked two white studs for my ears. Many students of our school wear separate accessories, often because this is the only part of the clothing that we have a say over, and in some cases, purely to be somewhat rebellious. I have always wondered what it would be like if schools allowed us to wear clothes we liked instead of uniforms. I pretty much didn't care.