1

hey guys! i'm not sure this is gonna get any reads, but if it does you either follow me or you are here from tiktok. i hope you all enjoy!! i'll make a new chapter if this gets 5 votes :)

————

I lazily crawled out of bed. It was two in the afternoon, but I stayed up ridiculously late watching television and then I slept for hours on end to make up for the amount sleep I lose on school days. My father doesn't ever seem to notice much, as he's busy doing work all weekend.

I was with my best friend Luna. She practically lived here during the weekend, because her parents are terribly strict and my father really just doesn't give a fuck about anything except for our safety, so she really enjoys the freedom. During the week, I barely get to see her because all her parents do is make her study and work out, because she's a model. She's absolutely beautiful, but she hates modeling. Her parents want her to do it, and she only does it to make them happy, but she hates the dieting and exercising. She likes my house because we've got all the good food and the alcohol.

We're lounging by my pool, sun soaking into our skin. Luna laid back and squinted through the bright ball of fire in the sky while eating a handful of potato chips.

It was June, and school was nearly out. It was already scorching hot where we live, so we were catching some rays.

"So, Sofia, have any ideas for our trip this summer?"

Every summer for a few years now, my father allowed Luna and me to go to wherever we wanted to go in the world for two weeks. Last year, we went to Paris. The year before, we went to Greece. "I'm thinking somewhere on the beach this year. What do you think?"

"Same," She sat up and opened her mouth, shoving in another handful of chips. "What about.. Hawaii?"

"Holy shit, that would be so fun. I'll tell my dad."

Luna grinned.

————

A few hours later, Luna's parents arrived at my house. She got in a pretty bad car crash a few months ago, and her license was taken away, so her parents or I have to drive her everywhere. We hugged, and she clung onto me tightly. Her father beeped the horn, to alert her that he was here, and she rolled her eyes. "I'll call you tonight," she said.

"Okay. See you tomorrow. Love you," I warmly smiled.

She turned to leave, and I walked up to my room. Not even five minutes later, I got a text from my father that I needed to come downstairs. I groaned and flopped down the stairs, still in my swimsuit because I didn't have enough time to take it off.

My father was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs, holding his hands together formally. He grinned and gave me a little side hug, not having seen me all day.

"Sofia, I am going to have to go on a business trip for around a month. I can not leave you alone here."

I crossed my arms. "Dad, I'm almost eighteen. I can take care of myself."

He looked me in the eye. "I know, but it is dangerous. People would know you are alone here and I can't deal with that."

A ring at the doorbell.

He didn't turn around. "I am leaving you with a bodyguard."

"A what? Daddy, I'm not a kid! I don't need a babysitter!"

"Not a babysitter, a bodyguard. He will be here at all times. I'm sorry, but I'm doing this for your own safety." He sighed, and turned toward the door. "This is probably him."

"Father, this is ridiculo-"

He opened the door, and a boy that looked a few years older than me creeped through the opening. His eyes locked on mine.

He may have been the most handsome man I'd ever seen in my life. He had tattoos running down both his toned arms, and a few small ones around his neck. His curly black hair sat on his forehead. His eyes, a deep brown, were staring straight at me. And he was wearing a mask.