2

"Sofia, this is Asher," my father said.

I couldn't stop looking at him. "Father, I think he can introduce himself, thank you." I stared into his eyes deeply, but the man didn't make a sound, nor did he stop looking into my eyes. Damn.

"Well, Sofia, he doesn't talk."

I broke eye contact and turned to my dad. "What?" I turned back to face Asher, and looked him up and down confusingly.

"He doesn't speak. I mean, it makes things better for you. You can just pretend he isn't there."

Asher reached his hand out to me, and I awkwardly shook it. I didn't want him not to speak. A house alone for a month with this man, and he wouldn't speak to her?

"Why won't he speak, Father?"

"I don't know, ask him. Oh wait, you can't. Let me go get my suitcase and my keys, quick. I have to leave tonight," He claimed.

I rushed beside my dad as he walked away. "Father, this is going to be so awkward. Why him? Why someone who won't even speak to me or show the other half of his face?" I whispered.

"I got an urgent call, Sofia. He was the only person near us, and I needed him. Just give him a chance, and if you aren't happy with him, I will see to have a new person take his place." He sped away to his room, leaving me with Asher, alone.

I spun around to see him exactly where he had been, staring at me with his bag still in his hands. I walked up to him and offered to show him to his room. I received a silent nod.

There was a guest room right next to mine, so I figured that would be a good room for him. I plopped his bags down on the bed, and turned to face him. "So, uh, here's your room."

He nodded.

Silence.

More silence.

"You know, you're gonna have to speak at some point."

Silence.

"Okay, well, I'm going to leave now. I'm in the room next to you if you... need anything."

I ran down the stairs to catch my dad before he left, and he was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. I sank into him arms. "I'll miss you, sweetheart," He sighed. "Call me every other day, okay?"

"I will," I said, "I love you. Be safe."

"I love you too."

With that, he was gone. He left me with that weird sexy man. I thought it was ironic; my father got me a bodyguard to keep me safe, but I'm probably less safe with that man than I would be if I was alone.

————

I decided to stay downstairs for a while, to avoid being around Asher. He was upstairs, for all I knew, doing God-knows-what. I was eating some Chinese Food that I ordered and watching a television show.

My mind wandered off and started wondering what this month would be like. I couldn't imagine how weird it would be if we just didn't speak the whole month, considering he will be by my side lots of the time. He won't even show me his face.

I didn't even realize he was coming up behind me. I jumped when he reached over my shoulder to grab a noodle off my plate. I jerked around to look at him. "So, how are you going to eat that if you won't show me your face?"

He made a face - although I didn't understand what face he was making because it was covered. He grabbed a box of noodles and walked towards the sofa, back facing me. He pulled his mask down and started to eat. I rolled my eyes. "Well, I'm going to take a shower. Yell if you need me. Oh wait, you won't."

————

I had an idea as I dried myself off with a towel. "Asher! Help!!"

I heard footsteps, and within seconds, he burst through the door. I felt my lips smirking as he immediately looked at the door and rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, daddy... couldn't find my clothes."

He left to go retrieve my clothes, then came back, eyes solely on mine, and nothing else.

"Why don't you look down?"

No response. He didn't look down.

"If you look down at me, I'll put my towel back on."

He glared at me, straight in the eyes. Slowly, his gaze lowered towards my nude body. He kept his eyes on me for a few seconds, breathing heavily, before he lightly closed them, eyes fluttering. He then turned his gaze back up to my eyes as I wrapped myself back into my towel.

"Like what you see? You know, you can have me, if you want. Might have to take that mask off, though," I say.

He sneers at me, and shoves my clothes into my hands. He's out the door before I can say anything.

Damn, was he sexy.