²

Excitement filled the fair skinned girl as her aunt gathered all of her belongings. "Aunt Cissy, at school is my name going to be Malfoy?"

"Mallory we already spoke of this. No one must know that my sister is your mother." The darker haired girl nodded and ran up to her cousin's room where he was getting together some last minute supplies. "Dragon can we talk?"

The blonde haired boy looked up from across the room to see Mallory looking at him with her big doe eyes. "What's wrong Mal?"

"Nothing is wrong. I just wanted to make sure you weren't upset with me anymore. I don't like when you're mad at me cause you're my brother." 

The Malfoy's didn't really care about feelings but Mallory couldn't stand anyone being disappointed in her. She could deal with everyone being upset with her but not Draco. She always looked up to Draco. She wanted to make her parents proud just like he did. "I'm not upset and I never was. Now let's go."

Dressed in a black dress, Mallory and the Malfoy's apparated to Platform 9 3/4. Once they were there, Mallory couldn't contain her excitement. Draco held the small girl's hand as they parted from his parents. The tall boy spotted his friends before dragging the pigtailed girl that direction. Mallory knew Crabbe and Goyle and she didn't mind having them around. The boys respected the younger girl, some of the Slytherins prided themselves on the fact that one of them would be the one to marry her. Imagine being the lucky pureblood boy to marry the beautiful Malfoy daughter. They'd be respected for the rest of their lives. 

As Mallory held Draco's hand and they looked for a seat on the train, Mallory heard someone's things fall and she heard Draco scoff. "Watch where you're going Longbottom."

The name peaked an interest in the girl. Her smile quickly turned into a fake frown, she quickly yanked her hand from Draco's and knelt down to help the boy pick up his things. Draco knew that the girl had something planned but never bothered to ask what and honestly he was just planning on going along with what she wanted. "You don't have to be rude Draco." The blonde boy rolled his eyes and walked away. 

"I'm sorry about my brother. If it makes you feel better, he always acts like that with me." The thirteen year old boy looked up and saw the younger girl handing him something. In the pale hands of the eleven year old sat a frog. The frog stared up at the girl, almost as if it was admiring her. "What's its name?"

Before he could answer, the train stopped. A cold feeling came over everyone. Picking up the rest of his things, the Gryffindor grabbed Mallory's wrist and pulled her into a compartment. The compartment was empty and a dreadful feeling came over the girl. Mallory could see her own breath as something floated past the compartment. 

She could faintly see the silhouette of a dementor. Mallory wasn't scared of them and she certainly wouldn't cry considering that she's seen them many times but the first year knew that if she was going to get close to him that she was going to have to do something. 

In almost an instant, tears welled up in Mallory's eyes as she sniffled. The older boy's head shot up and he looked at her. "Hey, don't cry. It's goin' to be alright. You're a first year, right?" She nodded but didn't allow the tears to stop. "I'm Neville Longbottom. You're Malfoy's sister?"

The dark haired girl nodded and stared down at the frog that was still sitting in her hands, "I'm M-Mallory. W-what are those t-things?" 

"They're called demen-" The train began to move and the power turned back on. Commotion was heard though the train as the compartment door was ripped open. "Mallory! Thank Merlin."

Draco pulled the girl up and into a hug. "What are you looking at Longbottom?"

Mallory tugged on Draco's robes and looked up at him. "Dragon l-leave 'im a-alone. He helped m-me. He's n-nice."  The blonde and his two friends looked at each other in surprise. Mallory Malfoy has never stuttered. She always spoke with confidence and made other people stutter. It also surprised Crabbe and Goyle to see the girl trembling with fear. 

"Let's go Mal. We're nearly there." The girl nodded and sent Neville a small smile before leaving with Draco. "Merlin! If the dark lord would have succeeded then blood-traitors like that wouldn't be allowed into Hogwarts. We shouldn't be expected to learn at the same level as those nitwits."

"And there's the Mallory that we know and love."