Prologue

The sun was shining brightly over a small, quiet, and peaceful town known as Pallet Town, situated on the western side of the Kanto region. This town is part of the fascinating world of Pokemon! The most diverse and unusual creatures live in the world! They can be found up in the sky, under the sea, in forests, or living in towns! One can see Pokemon in every part of the world!

For some people, Pokemon act as pets, while others use them to test their skills in battle. People and Pokemon find themselves coexisting in various ways! And as many Pokemon as there are in the world, people have just as many dreams to accomplish and Adventures to go on!

Lights then turned on inside a dark room, illuminating a wooden stage and the two men standing on it. The one on the left, who seemed to be in his early seventies, had peach skin, gray hair, thick, bushy eyebrows, and blue eyes and wore a white lab coat, a light maroon polo shirt, beige pants, a brown belt, and brown loafers. And the man next to him, who was in his late fifties, had fair skin, blue eyes, spiky white hair with sideburns, and a moustache and was wearing a gray jacket over a white shirt paired with a light blue vest, a gray tie, dark teal pants, and gray shoes.

"Hello there! And thank you all for listening! My name is Professor Oak!" Professor Oak spoke into his earpiece, which doubled as a microphone.

"And I am Professor Rowan, the professor of the Sinnoh region and the expert on Pokemon evolution." Professor Rowan added via his own.

"We are very excited for this announcement! As a collaboration with each other, we will be cohosting a yearly Pokemon Summer Camp right here in Pallet Town! Starting this summer, your child may gain the exhilarating experience of observing wild Pokemon!" Oak continued.

"If your child dreams of becoming a Pokemon Trainer, then sign him or her up! The children of today are the trainers of tomorrow!" Rowan finished.

The TV screen that was playing the professors' announcement turned off as a pair of excited footsteps made their way from the room decorated with all kinds of Pokemon memorabilia to the top of the stairs.

"HEY MOM!" a little boy and girl called out excitedly. He jumped on the stairs' railing and happily slid down while she ran downstairs. The boy looked about eight years old and had short black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a black sleeveless shirt with a yellow stripe, black and yellow cargo shorts, and black and yellow shoes. And the girl seemed to be around five and had shoulder length messy brown hair with a braid running down the left side and brown eyes. She wore a gray T-shirt, black shorts, and white tennis shoes.

"Pi pichu!" two small, ground-dwelling rodent Pokemon with pale yellow fur squeaked out as one rode on the boy's right shoulder and the other was being held gently in the girl's hands. Their ear tips, collars, and tails were black and angular. They both had pink cheek pouches that can store small amounts of electricity, and their tiny noses looked like dots. The kids and their Pichus reached the bottom of the stairs and dashed to the kitchen to meet their mother.

"Can we go?! Can we?! Can we?!" they inquired with pleading eyes.

"Go where, Kevin, Cindy?" their mother asked back. She looked to be in her late twenties and had long yellow blonde hair in a Ponyta-tail with a layered fringe and dark greenish yellow eyes. She was wearing a straw sun hat, a long-sleeved black shirt under a yellow tunic dress that is ridged with green, blue tights, and purple ankle boots. And a short, chubby rodent Pokemon was sitting on her left shoulder. She was covered in yellow fur with two horizontal brown stripes on her back. She had a small mouth and long, pointed ears with black tips. Each cheek was a red circle that contained a pouch for electricity storage. She had short forearms with five fingers on each paw, and her feet each had three toes. At the base of her lightning bolt-shaped tail was a patch of brown fur. She also had a V-shaped notch at its end.