One Day ~ Fives

"Hey," you whispered, taking a seat next to your favorite ARC trooper. Things have been off lately in the 501st. Ahsoka's been gone for a while now and the boys are finally starting to pick up their momentum again. Losing their little sister wasn't easy for any of them. Today was one of the few days the 501st got a break. Just as you expected, Fives was awake before the break of dawn, waiting for the sun to rise over the Naboo country side. Having a day off on Naboo was a favorite among the boys, as it was much more laid back than Coruscant, though unfortunately, the break would soon be over and they would be shipped out later that morning.

Fives looked up at you, his legs dangling off a valley cliff facing westward. Seeing you brought a smile to his face, but he remained silent as you sat down next to him. The moment you hit the ground, your shoulder was met with his arm and the side of his head rested against yours. He closed his eyes a took a deep breath. For once, you sensed tranquility in him.

"I think we can end it," he finally spoke, his head still pressed against yours.

"End what?"

"The war. Ringo Vinda would be a huge step in the right direction and-"

You pushed your index finger against his mouth and softly shook your head, "Remember what I told you. We must take things as they come. If we shoot that high, it will only hurt if we don't achieve."

Fives closed his eyes and nodded, placing his head back where it was, "The last time I shot high, I ended up exceeding my goals," he chuckled, pressing a kiss into your cheek, "I wanted to go on a date with my General and now she's my girlfriend!"

You rolled your eyes and smiled, "Once again, the ARC outplays the Jedi."

Fives mumbled incoherently into your shoulder as his playfully pulled your body onto the ground, allowing you to lay on top of him. You hummed, letting him know you had no idea what he just said.

"Would shooting for making my general mine forever be too high of a shot?" He asked, tilting his head towards yours.

His beautiful honey brown eyes met yours and you shrugged at his question.

"I think it's worth the shot," he smiled, reaching down into his holster, "what do you say?"

You looked at him baffled for a moment before breaking eye contact and looking at the ring between his fingers. Quickly, you sat up and gasped, "Shut up."

"I'm being serious, (Y/N)."

"Fives," your voice cracked, a few tears beginning to well in your eyes. You couldn't get out any other words. You nodded rapidly at him, prompting your favorite smile. He slowly placed the ring on your finger.

"I know you always say day by day, but I don't want a day without you. Ever."

You held your hand up and admired the ring, wondering how he got enough money together for something so beautiful. The glow of the rising sun made the ring sparkle. "You did an amazing job with it," you smiled, your gaze still locked on the ring, "I just wish we could have an engagement-moon!"

Fives chuckled and puller you closer to him, "We'll get one. Someday."

You two spend the last moments of peace together watching the final minutes of the sunrise. Everything was perfect.

Before you knew it you were on a transport to Ringo Vinda with the men of the 501st. The Republic needed extra assistance on the planetary wide space station, so who else would they call besides the "elite" clone company. Fives took his helmet off and exhaled, giving you a soft grin. You looked around at the other men and noticed Tup frantically tapping his foot.