CHAPTER 1

Bianca

"You what?!" Lily asked in disbelief. "You're dating someone?"

I met up with my high school best friends Lily and Kane on a Saturday afternoon to bond with them over a plateful of fries and tall glasses of milkshake.

"Surprise. Surprise," I laughed.

"Wow. Bianca finally decided to date someone," Kane said in astonishment as she put her glass down on the table. "That's big news."

"You've rejected a lot of guys back in high school. Make sure that one's worthy," Lily commented.

There were guys I rejected in high school because of two reasons: I wasn't interested in them, and I had no plans of dating anyone because I was not allowed to. My family was strict when it came to dating. Although there were like two guys I really liked back in high school but it wasn't enough reason for me to date them.

"I think he's worthy... It's just, it's exciting." I murmured.

"You sure you aren't just excited because you're in college and you want to start dating?" Kane asked.

If they weren't my best friends, I might be offended by what they said. Shouldn't they be a little more supportive? But deep down I knew they were just concerned and they were looking out for me. That's how we were. We wanted nothing but the best for each other.

"You can say it's an instant love story. We just met when the school year started and two months after, we're officially dating. He's a sweet guy. Very thoughtful," I said reassuringly before picking up a few pieces of fries from the bowl.

I looked at Lily, and she gave me an unsatisfied smile. She didn't look convinced about what I just said.

"Well, if you say so. But we would love to meet the guy. Right, Kane?" Lily asked.

"Right," Kane smiled.

"Okay, enough about me. Let's talk about you..."

***

Miguel

"So how is he?" I asked.

I visited Bianca and Kane in their university since I didn't have classes today. Bianca and I were sitting on the bleachers, watching some soccer players practice in the field as we talked about her boyfriend and wait for Kane. She said the girls already knew that she's dating someone but they haven't met the lucky guy yet.

"He's great," Bianca answered. "You'll meet him later. He's just in the org meeting."

"Did he give you a chocolate?" I laughed. "Assorted?"

Bianca laughed too. Back in high school, guys would give her chocolates and she would share it to the whole gang.

"He now knows that I'm not fond of chocolates, but yes he did."

"Who ate it?" I asked curiously.

"Had to share it with my friends Jade and Jam without him knowing, of course. He might be offended when he finds out that I gave most of it away."

I nodded.

"I heard you're dating someone?" Bianca asked.

I smiled, without looking at her. I was paying attention to the game. One of the players in red successfully kicked the ball and sent it spinning to the goal. But the opponent's goalie was fast enough to block it. Finally, I faced Bianca. "I still don't know if she's really interested in me but we're getting to know each other."

"She better be interested in you before someone else does," Bianca laughed.

I was about to say something funny when all of a sudden, a guy in a university uniform approached us. He was glaring at me. He tapped Bianca's shoulder and smiled at her like he wasn't glaring at me seconds ago.

"Bianca," the guy said.

"Stephen," Bianca beamed at him.

So this is the boyfriend.

"Stephen this is Miguel, and Miguel this is Stephen," Bianca introduced us to one another, oblivious of the rising tension.

"Hey," I nodded, trying to keep my cool.

"He's one of my closest high school friends. We're waiting for Kane. You remember Kane?" Bianca asked.

"Yeah," Stephen answered. "But, can we go now? I wanted to bring you to this small café a block away from here."

"But we're supposed to meet Kane..." Bianca said, feeling uneasy.

"Now?" Stephen asked.

I could sense where the conversation was going and I knew Bianca was feeling uncomfortable. She turned to me and apologized. I smiled like it was no big deal and told her that I would wait for Kane alone.

Bianca picked up her bag, slung it on her shoulders, and walked down the bleachers as Stephen looped a protective arm around her shoulder.

***

Author's Note:

What's your best friend/s reaction when he/she/they found out that you're dating for the first time? Did they react the way Lily and Kane did? 😅

Stay tuned for the next chapter!!! Planning to upload it by the end of the week. Don't forget to hit the tiny star. Thanks!