Chapter 7: Upside Down

"Mom, that's a great story and all, but what does it have to do with me? And what aren't you telling me?" I asked as my mother finished.

"Jess honey, YOU are the only fae child born of royal blood in your generation." Dad broke in with a serious face. "Or I guess I should say, the only female fae."

"This should have been the Korean Fae's turn. But oh no, they had to go and have a son while all the other races produced sons as well. The 90's were apparently the decade of the male, cuz you're it kid."

"Ha ha, great one! You almost had me til then." I giggled. I couldn't believe they are trying to distract me from the truth. " Now really, what are you keeping from me?"

My dad sighed heavily and shared a knowing look with my mom, and that's when they stood and began to glow. The light grew until I had to cover my eyes while slowly starting to freak out.

As the glow dimmed, I looked up to see two of the most beautiful beings I had ever seen. Both were a little over six feet tall with skin so perfect it literally glowed and eyes of the purest blue and green.

They had similar features to my parents, but it was like someone had airbrushed a photo of them to give them a more ethereal beauty and that picture came to life.

"Holy Shit!!!!"

"Watch your language young lady!" The one that resembles my mom scolded as they returned to normal.

"Watch my language?! You just morphed into something I can't even describe and you want me to watch my language?!" Jess cried out.

"I can't believe this, in fact I don't believe it. I'm still asleep and dreaming all of this to cope with what happened. Okay brain, we can wake up now." I continued muttering while pinching my legs and arms in an attempt to wake myself.

"Sweetheart, its not a dream. All of this is very much real and we have a lot to discuss, so the quicker you accept what you are the easier all of this will be." My dad gently and firmly states as he comes to comfort me.

"But how can I be like you guys when I look like this? And last I checked, I can't even perform a card trick, much less any real magic."

"That's because we have to bind our childrens' powers until they turn 18 to protect them from those who would do them harm. And as a member of the royal family, you are more at risk than anyone."-mom

"That worked out great." I scoffed, "It worked so well I'm in the hospital again after being attacked by my rapist when my supposed powers could have saved me. Yeah, that's a brilliant way to protect me."

"You should apologize to your parents." A low voice states by the door gaining my attention.

Namjoon had walked in and caught the snarky comment I had directed at my parents.

"No offense, but this isn't any of your business so I would appreciate it if you stayed out of it." I snapped at him, feeling more like my old self in that moment.

He just smirked and chuckled as he turned to my parents, "I guess that means you haven't gotten around to telling her about me yet?"

"No, she's still in denial about all of it and thinks she's dreaming all of this." my dad replied.

"I'm sorry Jess. Normally I would let them ease you into all of this, but I can smell the parasite that nearly killed you, so we need to hurry this along." The tall, korean boy states matter-of-factly. "I'm your lycan mate, so it is my business. Luckily, I'm already 18, but that bastard you dated has had a few more years than me to hone his powers since he turned 18  5 years ago and I've only had mine for 3."

"WHAT?!?!?!?"

"YOU'RE ONE OF MY MATES?!?!?!" My eyes widened in disbelief.

"Seriously, I just admitted that the vampire who attacked you is stronger than me and on his way here, and all you took from that is that I'm one of your mates? I don't know if I should be flattered or offended." Namjoon chuckled.

"MICHAEL'S A VAMPIRE?!?!?!?" I screeched in shock.

"Well Duh!! Why did you think he drank your blood for?" Namjoon asked feeling completely perplexed by Jess's attitude.

"HE DRANK M-MY B-BL-BLOOD?!?"

"Yeahh, didn't you know that? That's why you nearly died. He almost drained you of all your blood. I'm really confused, how do you not know that. I mean, he literally bit into your flesh and sucked the blood out. What did you think he was doing when he bit you?"

Namjoon had thought Jess was smart, so how could she have not known all this.

"Well excuse me for not realizing he was a mythical creature drinking my blood instead of a psychotic freak that gets off on biting and bruising his victims as a sign of posession. Most of the time, if a guy bites and sucks on a girl's neck it to leave a hickey, not drink her blood." Jess had had enough of him talking down to her. This whole world was new to her and she was trying her best to process all the information she had received, but Namjoon's attitude wasn't helping.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I never thought of it from a human perspective before. I didn't mean to make you feel bad. However, we really do need to get out of here and get to a safe house until she turns 18 and we can begin the mating process." Namjoon sincerely felt bad about how brusk he was, but her safety was his number 1 priority right now, not her feelings. "I promise, I will answer all the questions I can see swimming around in those pretty little eyes of yours, but can we get you safe first?"

Jess could see the regret and worry in the eyes of the man she had become friends with during her stay in New Zealand, and that was what convinced her she truly wasn't dreaming and her life had gotten a lot more complicated.