A Surprise

Mario couldn't believe his eyes at all. Walking between Rabbid Peach and Kai was a familiar skeleton who was thought to have disappeared in Snowdin. It was Papyrus; much to Mario's relief, he was alive and unharmed.

"It's been a while!" Papyrus said, waving at the short man.

"You're okay!" Mario exclaimed, smiling at the skeleton. "Frisk was worried when you disappeared!"

"I apologize for the distress I caused you all back in my world. I suppose I owe you all an explanation." Papyrus scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Well, you can ramble about it later. The Glitch King is about to wake up," Kai said, pointing his finger at the end of the hallway.

Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Papyrus turned to where the red ninja was pointing. Kai was correct, for the Glitch King was groaning as he was lifting himself back to his feet. At the sight of it, the four started running down the hallway. Once the Glitch King was back on his feet, he spotted them taking a sharp left. With a growl, he picked his large sword off and began to chase them.

As the four ran, Mario turned his head around to find the armored king pursuing them with his sword in hand. With a gasp, he pressed his finger into his earpiece in hopes he could reach at least one of his cohorts.

"This is Mario! Please come in!" he shouted.

"Hello? Mario, is that you?" Jesse's voice replied, and Mario let out a sigh of relief.

"Jesse! Thank goodness you're okay!"

"Same to you! Now, what's going on on your side?" Jesse asked.

"Kai, Rabbid Peach, and I found Papyrus and now we're being chased by the Glitch King!" Kai, having heard the conversation through his own earpiece, answered.

"What?! Papyrus is with you guys?! How did you guys find him?"

"We'll explain later! Right now, we have to get the Glitch King off our tails!"

"Wah bah bah beh bwah bah bah bweh!" Rabbid Peach replied. (Translation: I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon!)

The four took another sharp left before they were running down a flight of stairs. As they ran, Rabbid Peach would have fallen and dropped her phone if it weren't for Kai preventing that by grabbing her by the waist and putting her on his shoulders. Behind them, the Glitch King stopped at the stairs, his toes barely reaching the steps. Once Mario, Kai, Rabbid Peach, and Papyrus arrived at the bottom floor, they all turned around to find him standing at the top. The Glitch King's eyes were now looking down at the stairs before turning back to the group of four that stand below him.

"What? You're not gonna keep pursuing us?" Kai called, and his sentence infuriated the Glitch King.

But before the armored man could do anything, a blue portal suddenly appeared beside him, causing the Glitch King to stop. When he turned to his left, a foot popped out of the portal and kicked him in the face, sending him falling down the stairs until he landed face first in front of the four. Two figures ran out of the portal. One of them was a slim young woman with wavy pigtails dressed in a red catsuit and a cat-like mask of the same color. The other was a short figure donning armor that looked exactly like Keith's but the accents were green.

With a grunt, the Glitch King got on his knees and looked up at Kai, Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Papyrus. His hand reached for them, but the young woman pulled out a red whip and swung it at the armored king's hand. The whip wrapped around his wrist and pulled the Glitch King back to the stairs.

"Go! We'll hold him off!" The short person in armor shouted at the four.

Mario, Kai, Rabbid Peach, and Papyrus continued running, each of them thinking one thing: Where did those two come from?