Where Did She Go?

SAFIS P.O.V

I've been living here for almost a week.

I'm not allowed to have a phone, for obvious reasons, and generally I cant be left alone. There are some other things he has told me that ive forgotten by now, but those are the ones i remembered.

Honestly, the week that ive spent here has been better than most of the time ive spent at home. Over time, ive managed to assure myself that, since escaping wasn't an option, my chances for survival are better if im nice. Not that I could see anyone here killing me, but you never know. I was just locked in someone's basement.

"What are you doing up so early?" The man who I've come to know as Ari asked me. Scooting over on the couch so he could sit down, I said "I wanted to watch TV, is that okay?"

He grabbed the remote from the table in front of me, and flicked to the news. "Of course, but were not watching cartoons." He smiled at me, and then focused his attention back to the screen.

"A new diner will be opening up soon!" Pictures of a large sign with ruby red slippers on top flashed across the screen. "The new diner being named 'Hello, Dolly!' after the song by New Orleans very own, Louis Armstrong. They will be holding an opening day event where the first 200 customers get free dessert with their meal. Ill see you there bright an early, huh Tom?" The newscaster said to her counter part. "Sure will Donna." He flashed a perfect white smile at the camera.

"In other sad news, the missing 17 year old Safi Barret taken from her home late last week, just days before her 18th birthday, now presumed to be dead." I looked as my picture flashed across the screen. I cringed at the picture. It was my junior year school picture. "Now, with cases like these, you'd normally see them going on for weeks, months even. However, police, accompanied by Judge Marwood and Mitch Barret, Safis father, have decided to call off the search parties due to lack of evidence pointing anyone in what seems to be the right direction. We now go to a live look at the crime scene, and home of Safis father, Mitch"

Not long after the screen switched to my dad, I noticed that he wasn't crying. It didn't look like he was before either. He was dressed nice, and had his hair combed back the way he normally would. He was talking normally, and even cracked a few jokes with the news casters.

Tears welled up in my eyes. After a few seconds they started to roll down my face. All I could say was "did..did he not want me back?" The pain in my chest was almost unbearable as I sunk down into my seat, hot tear sstill streaming down my face.

I soon felt two arms wrap around me, and pull me towards them. It was Ari. I was now letting the man who kidnapped me tell me it was going to be okay, and that I was okay where I was. The worse part was, I believed him.

In the week that I had stayed here, I had been treated better by my captor, than I ever had by my dad. Now, there was someone who would listen to me when I needed help with something, and reassure me on little things. As I thought about this, my tears seemed to slow, even though I still had a small pain in my chest, I knew that I was in a better place for me now.

Ari's P.O.V

As I was sitting next to the small figure on the couch, I watched the colors flash across the screen. A restaurant, construction workers, then just seconds later a picture of the girl next to me. Shortly after that her dad. He was giving an interview on his how he felt, and how he would never wish this on anyone else, despite not crying, and making jokes the whole way.

I felt a ping of sadness and anger for the girl beside me, and the man on the TV. I looked over at Safi. I could see that she was holding back tears. I hated having to see her cry, though watching her try to hold back tear was quite adorable. She whispered out a sentence as best as she could, and then broke. Tears flooded her face as she collapsed back into the couch.

Seconds later, I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close to me. As I held her, I hushed her, and reassured her that she was safe here, and that I was here for her.

Not long after, I felt her calm down, and her breathing started to even own. I grabbed the remote, and flipped back to the channel that she had on before. We laid on the couch, my side pressed against the arm rest, and her lying her head on my leg. I ran my hand through her hair as she lie there, watching TV.

SAFIS P.O.V

After calming down I laid on the couch, almost cuddled up next to my captor as we watched Adventure Time. The feeling of his hands going through my hair shot butterflies through my stomach. I started to zone out while watching the show.

Visions of him and I in different situations played through my head. I knew i was starting to romanticize the situation, where i could almost guarantee, he saw me as nothing more than a kid.

None the less, I fell asleep on the couch with him, stroking my hair.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello to anyone who might still be reading this. Im so sorry for another short chapter, and so long after the other one was posted, Ive just been very busy with going back to school, and work lol. im hoping to post another chapter soon, but im not sure when. Should i even keep this story going? i don't know yet. Im still not sure on how i want to write this. Also, just to calrify, at this point in the story Safi is 18 lol. anyways thank you for reading!!