twenty

Dear Draco,
    I've had a hard time sleeping since I've been home. While you've never been in my room, it seems dim without your presence here. Isn't that strange? I'm quite glad holiday is only two weeks, I never thought I'd be so thrilled to go back to Hogwarts. Mum and dad are hesitant though, they keep saying war is coming quicker than we realize. I feel as if I've got to make a case as to why they should even allow me to go back to Hogwarts for next term, it's slightly ridiculous but I understand their reasoning at the same time.
    I read in the Daily Prophet that even muggles are going missing now because of You-Know-Who. I read there was a family not too far from mine, their home nearly destroyed and they're just gone. The muggle newspapers wrote article after article about it, completely confused as to how the house was so damaged. It's worrying that this could lead to exposure of our world. The Daily Prophet insists it's an attack from You-Know-Who, that it's his way of sending a message or the Death Eaters way of building their army out of fear. It makes me worried for you, love. I sit here knowing about your family and the tasks they try to impose on you and it makes me terrified for your safety.
    The skies are getting darker, Draco. Have you noticed that too? Our world is getting dimmer day by day and being here alone makes it more apparent. Maybe I'm just being cynical or dramatic, but I swear it when I say the world is darker when I'm alone. You make it so bright. You make the skies seem bluer, and maybe it's just your eyes that reflect their color from the skies, or maybe I'm fixing my imagination to remember it brighter when I'm with you.
    All of this makes me want to leave everything now and escape to the mountains and find that little cottage we talked about in the Room of Requirement. I can't wait to be there with you. I can't wait to see you again soon. I'll see you at the Platform to board the train.
                                                                   Yours always,
                                                                              Juniper

                                                                    Yours always,                                                                              Juniper