Three

After the soundcheck, it was time for the show to start. Tyler Hagen played, then Bad Seed Rising. I sat backstage watching BSR play.

That dream last night was so real, I don't understand why it happened. I literally murdered all of my friends. It's been almost five years since I've had a dream like that, all the pills and therapy, wasted. They're back and I don't know what to do.

After their set, Palaye Royale would go on stage. I slipped out from backstage to go into the crowd before the set. I went over to BSR's merch table, where Jessica was waiting to sell merch. "You need any help?" I asked going behind the little table with her.

"Yeah, no shit." She glared at me and laughed. I heard Francheska announce that they were going to play one more song and go to the merch table.

BSR finished their set and came to the merch table. I snuck away, to try to get as close as possible to the stage. Emerson came out wearing a shirt that was ripped, weird pants, his top hat, and no shoes. He looked over to me and winked.

I laughed and smiled at him. He laughed and went back to setting up his drums and a big light-up sign that said "palaye royale." I felt at least 50 pairs of eyes staring at me. Emerson looked at me and motioned for me to go backstage. I nodded and snuck out of the crowd.

I walked into the little backstage room where there was a couch, some chairs, a coffee table, and a door that lead to the stage. There was no one back there, so I sat on the couch and tried to relax. The door leading to the stage was open, and Emerson looked at me. He said something to Remington, the band's frontman and also his older brother, then came to the little room backstage. "Hey, remember how I asked if you wanted to grab something to eat?" He said smiling.

"Yeah, what's up?" I smiled at him.

"How does tonight sound, maybe after the show?" He asked nervously. I smiled and nodded at him. He turned to walk back onto the stage.

"Hey, Emerson." I stopped him in front of the door. He looked at me. "Good luck tonight," I said as I kissed his cheek. He smiled and blushed.

"Thank you." He said running back on to the stage.

When their set started, I ran back to BSR's merch table. Aiden stopped me at the table. "Eleanor! What was that?" He asked laughing. I looked at him confused.

"What was what?" I asked. He laughed and stopped to take a picture with a fan.

"That kiss you gave Emerson? What was that all about?" He smiled.

I felt my face getting warm. "You mean you saw that?" I looked at the stage towards Emerson. I didn't realize the backstage door had been open the whole time.

"Honey, everyone in the venue saw it." Aiden laughed as I went behind the merch table embarrassed. I felt like everyone was watching me again.

"Don't be embarrassed, he likes you." Jessica laughed and punched my arm. I shrugged and got up. "Let's go into the crowd, and watch your future boyfriend." Jessica laughed and grabbed my hand pulling me into the crowd.

》《

After their set, I walked with Emerson to their merch table. Fans came up and were asking if we were dating, and I kept looking at Emerson. After the people around the merch table disappeared, Emerson and I started to leave. We got into a small car, and he drove me to a Japanese restaurant.

"Japanese is my favorite, how'd you know?" I asked.

He laughed. "A little birdie named Jess told me." He smiled and looked at me. I unhooked my seat belt and opened the door. We both got out of the car and walked into the restaurant

I order a plate of sushi, and he orders something I could not pronounce if my life depended on it. We sat for about 3 hours, just eating and making small talk.

This is exactly what I've wanted all of my life.

After we left the restaurant, we went back to the hotel we were staying at and invited me to watch a movie in his room.
In his room, we watched The Nightmare Before Christmas. I fell asleep towards the end of it.