🅴🅿 🆂🅸🆇🆃🅴🅴🅽

Kinsley's POV

"Get inside Armelle so I can lock up!", I hurriedly got out the car as I made sure Armelle got into the safe house. I ran back to the gate and locked it up making sure to turn on the alarm before I circled around the house making sure every entrance couldn't be seen or broken into.

I'm more than worried because one, my dad got shot and I don't know if he's okay and then my brother is missing and we're not supposed to make any calls to anyone for twenty-four hours.

I just hope he's in a safe place. But I can't worry too much because it'll alert Mell and I'll psyche myself out of what I'm supposed to do. I've been getting more accustomed to being tougher and this is one of those moments where I have to be that. I'm the oldest and if something happens to our parents then I take care of everyone else. It's a huge responsibility but I'll do it at any time to ensure they're all and well.

After checking every entrance, I made my way inside and turned on our first set of systems before going down this staircase where the main house was. I locked access to those doors next and went immediately to Mama's office. We all have assigned jobs if whoever was tracking us were to find our location and take on a hit.

Armelle was to prepare weapons if need be and to get the contacts for our bodyguards and people mama trusted to come out for extra protection. Vic would go see this mystery person mama wouldn't tell us about and all I was told to do is make smart choices---not hard at all whatsoever. Mama and Dad told us if this happened and one of them was targeted then they would have to go into hiding.

It was likely they'd track them first and take them out. I just hope it wouldn't sway that way.

I dug through Mama's papers on his desk finding multiple things. It's like they knew this would happen and had everything planned out from the start. There's the coordinates for where they'd be hiding which I'd have to memorize somehow. I wrote it down for now and then shredded the official document. Then there's numbers here for some bank account we'd need to access and lastly a picture. I picked it up and gazed at it seeing as it felt familiar.

I put the other papers in a folder shredding whatever else I was told to before I walked out seeing Mell in the main room arming a bunch of guns. She quickly glanced up at me before unloading one and putting the shells on the table.

"I don't like this plan, we shouldn't be splitting up," she said as I sat on the couch next to her.

"Well whether we like it or not, it's how it is for a reason. They wouldn't construct it like this if they thought it would potentially harm us in the end."

"I say it's bull. I feel like this is some bigger shit! Why would they go into hiding Kins and not take us---and don't say to lead them away from us," she huffed as I put my head down thinking. I mean she's right. Wouldn't they just split up to find us separately? And even if they didn't, it doesn't matter who they come after first...they want us all.

I decided to get off the topic and put it towards better effort, "Do you know who this is? It was left on Mama's desk." She took the photo and eyed it, "This is that guy from the skating rink we went to remember?"

I didn't remember but I trust that she knows who this is, "Is there anything else on the photo?"

She flipped it over and it bold, red letters were 'FIND HIM!'