3

When I woke up the next morning, around seven, I felt a weight on my body. I looked down to see Jamie had came and slept with me last night. I understood, my house is big and old so therefore it makes some extremely unsettling noises at night. I lifted Jamie's arm from across my stomach, easily as to not wake him up. I tucked him back in, picked socks off the floor and put him back, he probably dropped it in his sleep. I decided I wouldn't leave a note for him like last night, I would just periodically check on him until he woke up.
     As I came down my stairs and walked towards the kitchen, I spotted Mabel. She was eating some oatmeal, she always eats before I wake up or tries to. She jumped a little when I greeted her, clearly not expecting anyone else to be awake yet. "Ms. Olivia, you scared me!" She exclaimed laughing a little. Mabel had lived with me and had been my maid for about 8 years. She's so helpful and I'm so grateful for her. "So, who's the guy?" She asked tilting her head to motion to upstairs.
     "His names Jamie, Franklins friend. He's new to the mdlb scene and stuff, so Franklin boyfriend has been his caregiver," she nodded a long humming in acknowledgement. "Anyway, Franklin asked me to at least meet with him. We hit it off well too," our conversation was soon interrupted by the sound of feet patting against the floor. I looked down at my watch, it wasn't even 8 yet, so hes up very early. He walked in playing with his fingers and sheepishly looking up. "H-hi," he said with a yawn and a small wave to Mabel. Mabel returned the same to him, and got up to begin making breakfast.
     "Good morning Jamie, how did you sleep?" Motioning for him to come and sit with me outside on the seating area. He rubbed his eyes and yawned a little, "Um, I slept good- I think," I raised my eyebrows, he thinks? I pulled out the chair for him to sit in, gently grabbing his arm to inspect. Once i saw everything was good, I went to check on Mabel and get Jamie some bandages e. "What's on the menu this morning?" I always let Mabel make what she wants, I love most things she makes. She's a very sweet girl, she a few years older than me. Her food is excellent and I know Jamie will enjoy. "This morning we are having pancakes and eggs, I'm making an extra Mickey-mouse pancake for him dont worry," she said with a wink. "That's great thank you, can you bring him out some juice in the sippy cup in the sink? Apple, and I would like some water please."
     I finished quickly, wanting to get back to Jamie. He seemed happy to see me when I came back, "Why didn't you sleep with me last night? Or I mean um, you could've laid me in the guest room, I didn't mean to steal your bed," he said apologetically. I simply smiled at him, did he want to sleep with me in the first place? I placed my hand on his and rubbed it gently, "You fell asleep on the ride home, I didn't know if you were comfortable sleeping with me. Also, my beds comfier than the guest room. I just wanted you to be comfortable," I finished with a smile and he nodded in an understand manner. "Now, eat your pancakes and drink your juice before they get cold, okay?"
     We ate our food over a joyful and joking conversation. After we ate, I took his hand and guided him to the play room upstairs. He looked in disbelief when he saw the shelf's of unopened toys, and the bed in the middle of the room filled with stuffies. "Olivia, can I play with these?" He looked up at me with his doe eyes again, even if I wanted to, how could I say no? "Of course you can, just be careful not to break anything," Soon he was engulfed in the giant dollhouse I had in the corner that had many dolls in it. I watched in adornment at him playing and talking to himself. I remember Charlie playing like this, I loved to watch him and see the joy it brought him. I needed to stop doing that. Comparing Jamie to Charlie, saying "Charlie did that too," and "just like Charlie did," I need to recognize that Jamie is a whole different person than Charlie is, Charlie was. My thoughts were interrupted by Jamie getting on the bed and sitting next to me.
     "Livia, didn't you say we were gonna do stuffs today?" I completely forgot my promise, I couldn't help but notice his voice it sounded like he was slipping deeper. I have so much work to do too, something came up last night at the company and for some reason they've decided to make new toys to try and cover up the incident with the last one.
"Oh Jamie I'm so sorry, I have so much work to do. I feel so bad, but something came up." Jamie's face turned into a frown, he was clearly disappointed. He looked down and muttered a quick, "it's fine," and continued eating his food. We sat in silence for the rest of the meal until Mabel came and took our plates.
"Okay, if you give me a few hours, 4 at most, then I promise you we can spend the rest of the day doing whatever you want to. Is that okay, Jamie?" His sad expression changed into a happier, but hesitant, one, "R-really? It's fine if not, you can even take me home if you need more privacy livia," I then reached and grabbed his hand and rubbed it gently, "you're fine baby, now while I go work, I'm sending you to the play room with Mabel. If you need anything I'll be in my office next door," I finished and gave him a peck on his forehead as I walked past.
Jamie and me seem to really be getting a long. Of course, I can't be too sure about it yet. Being a mommy is hard sometimes. My heart is still hurting from losing the love of my life, but also I know the only thing that can help me is to experience having a little and being a full time mommy again.