CHAPTER 5

The sun had set already and the clock had stuck nine. All the employees of the Rathore office had retired to their homes but Ahana, Raghvendra and Siya were still busy working in their cabins on the top floor of the building. The entire week had been very tiring for the trio after the fire accident took place at Royal Grand. Their father, the elder Rathore was busy taking care of the situation, talking to the police and paying compensation to the injured. This had the younger three burdened with all the work. Thankfully, no one was injured due to the fire for it was controlled on time but a few were injured in the stampede that was created when the fire was spotted. They were being treated in the hospital at the expense of the Rathores. Though it was proved that the fire was accidental due to some shock circuiting, the Rathores were persistent on giving compensation to all those who were present at the scene.

Accident, this is what everyone had called it but not Ahana. She had suspected a foul play and her assumption was proved right when she had personally checked the cctv recordings that she got from the manager without informing her father. She had caught the culprit behind it on watching the video minutely for the fifth time and immediately had him captured by her trusted aids in her farmhouse on the outskirts of the city.

She had herself gone to interrogate the impostor who had entered the premises of the hotel and caused the fire to break out. Upon interrogation he had revealed that he was a local goon who was hired to carry out the task for money. He did not know about the one behind this for he was sent his money and orders to be followed through unnamed envelopes at his house. He did not care to know about him too for he got what he needed, the money. At least this what he had confessed when his 10 years old son was at the gun point.

Ahana had no time to look into the matter further owing to the work she had in hands at the office. But she had appointed her aids to get to the crux of it while she was busy with office work. Right now, her aids were at Udaipur, getting information about the Rathores' stay in the city.

Having completed her work, Ahana made way to her brother's office to inform him of her leaving for home.

"Bhai, I am done. Are you going home too?"

"No, I am still completing files. You can take the driver with you. I and Siya will drive home ourselves." He replied.

Giving a sweet goodbye to her bhai and bhabhi, Ahana made way to her car.

She was enjoying the view outside sitting on the backseat while the driver drove the car. Her me time was disturbed by her ringing cell phone.

"Yes?" She enquired picking up the call.

"Ma'am, I have the information. Will come to the farmhouse tomorrow at 11." Jaidev, her aide replied.

"Okay." She kept the conversation short and direct.

Reaching home, she found her mother waiting for her at the dinning table.

"You should have had your dinner. It's not good for your health." Ahana said to her mother sitting at the dinning table after freshing up.

"A mother cannot eat when her children haven't." She spoke her famous line. " Raghu and Siya will have their dinner outside. So start with yours."

"Okay mom. Btw where's dad?"

"In his study. He does not wish to have dinner."

"Hmm."

The dinner went unusually silent with only Ahana and her mother present there.

Her mom, Gauri Rathore was a woman of wisdom. She had an aura that gave peaceful vibes to everyone who came near her. She was a cool and calm person just like her name while her father was much of an angry man just like his name suggested, Rudr. They made a perfect couple with their opposite qualities where one filled the void of the other. Ahana grew up admiring the bond of the two. She too secretly wished to have same bond with her soulmate that her parents had between them. Her mother was an active board member of the Rathore group but had given up much of her duties and opted to go for teaching instead when she found more solace being a teacher. She taught business administration to the graduating students.