Chapter 23

Tin seethed, faced flushed with an ugly reddish brown colour. Slamming the latest report from his detective filled with Pete's sexual adventures, he paced back and forth. "That is my life that damn commoner stole!"

Crossing to his wide, butter soft grey settee, he picked up his iPad and started to search for the university's football schedule. It looked like he had a game to attend. It never occurred to him that he was acting exactly like the boy who tried to blackmail Pete.

Because Tin was used to having his own way. He WAS the Medthanan Heir, after all... 

Across town, in a dingy motel room, Trump shook from withdrawal symptoms. Meth was such a high low drug... better than sex, even. Trump wanted to kill that gay boy, Pete for taking away his source of meth, his candy, his source of happiness. He done his best to gamble the pitiful amount of money he'd blackmailed from Pete into paying for it, only to get deeper into trouble.

Now, they wanted him dead unless he could come up with millions of baht to not only pay for the drugs, but his gambling debts. He needed his candy. His family wrote him off years ago. Pete was going to pay for this! It was all his fault, anyways! He was a silly rich boy, a pansy who thought someone could love him. 

Trump, having made a plan, picked up the motel phone and called his dealer. Over the phone, he told him, "Give me two days and a couple of hits so I don't shake. I have a rich patron. I'll get your cash, even if I have to sell my fucking ass." Turning, Trump stared at himself in the mirror. All he saw was ugliness. 

He punched the mirror and saw it shatter outwards, in rippled rings.  Tight where his fist hit, gradually into larger and fading back into smooth glass. Chips of glass fell out. Sighing, he bent down and picked one up and twirled it between his fingertips. Would it be easier to cut his wrist and die? 

Laughing manically, he sat on the bed. No fucking way was he dying because he kissed a gay! If anything, it would be Pete who died!

Pete was amazed and a little overwhelmed with how boisterous Ae's friends were. There were a lot of them, too. He couldn't even remember them all! A tall handsome one, he thought his name was Sun, definitely flirted with him, despite having brought his boyfriend. Ae was getting mad until Pond stepped in. 

Pond had also invited the two good friends they'd made at university, Ping and Bow. Bow made Pete very nervous. She was a touchy feely girl and had a hard time comprehending that "someone as handsome as he was could be dating Aeeeeeeee!" or "it simply wasn't fair that all the nice boys were gay!" 

Pete sighed as he finally found a quiet corner to let his ears rest. He placed his head on his knees and hunched his shoulders and rocked, his standard: I'm okay, I'll be okay, I can do this! 

"Are you okay, Pete?" Ae tapped his shoulder lightly. More to himself, "Maybe the whole gang was too much, should have just done dinner with Pond and Sun, then slowly worked our way up." he muttered.  Sitting down, he drew Pete close and rubbed his back, just offering comfort.

Pete smiled softly to himself and took the comfort offered. Unseen by either boy, Trump snarled in the distance. He slammed his fist into the palm of his hand. So gayboy has a boyfriend now. Shaking his head, he thought quickly, so what? He can't be with him 24/7. I'll just have to tail him all the time and take my chance. I've only got one day left.

Sun yelled for Ae and Pete to come back inside. Smiling, Pete said softly, "I like your friends, Ae. They're very welcoming, even if they're loud."

Ae grabbed his hands and held them tight. "Don't let them tease or bully you. If they do, tell me." His eyes narrowed and he sighed. "Is that why you came out here? Who was it? Sun? Pond? I'll kill them... " He turned and Pete tugged him back. 

Pete was grinning. "You've got it wrong. No one's teasing me, well, except Bow. And that's because she says she's sad I'm gay. Actually, I'm kind of afraid of her..." Pete shook his head, "Sorry, I went off topic. I came outside because they're so happy! I'm not used to it. It's just like when you took me home, Ae." 

"Oh." Ae flushed, for not realizing Pete had no friends, had never just gone out to dinner or hung out before. "Come on, they'll think were having sex."

Pete flushed and ran back in. 

Trump kicked a cement planter and swore.

The private detective, hired by Tin, noticed Trump and snapped his picture, made a small notation and ignored him. He went back to taking photos of the party in front of his camera lens.

Pete arrived home late. His mother, Petch was waiting up for him. She smiled at him and said, "My lovely son, it's so good to see you happy these days. Sit." She patted the seat next to her on the couch. 

Pete curled up next to her and snuggled, just the way he always did since his father left with his secretary. He smiled up at her. "What's up, Mother?"

"You've been coming home so late these days. My little boy has grown up. I've been thinking hard." Her hand stroked his hair. She pressed her cheek to the top of his head and continued. "It's time to find a condo for you near the university."

Pete stood up and faced his mom. "You want me to move out?"

"Pete, if you can tell me you're not doing adult things with your boyfriend, then by all means, continue to stay here. Let's be reasonable. Adults need certain freedoms that aren't possible when you live at home." Petch sighed. This wasn't a conversation she wanted to have with her son but she knew it had to be done.

Look at how he was blushing. Was Pete innocent still? Did he not learn yet where babies come from? "Pete, my baby, I was your age once. I know about desires and how hard it is to control them. I have worries, concerns but I trust you. I'm trusting you that you know your Ae loves you. You love your Ae."

Pausing yet again, Petch stared right into Pete's eyes. "It's time to find you a condo."