Wehrmacht Deleted Scenes 3

Continuation from previous deleted scene. Again, none of this happens in the actual storyline.

Anyone participating in NaNoWriMo?

------------------

Wales was shaking. He couldn't stop shaking.

"You led PRUSSIA here?" Ireland yelled at England, then started coughing from a hoarse throat. NI went over to pat his back.

Their father blanched. "No—I...I was careful. They couldn't have followed me. I've been covering my tracks since the beginning, hiding from them, running from them. I couldn't have..." Uncertainty flashed across England's face.

Wales's wings drooped and he sank to the floor. Despair filled every ounce of his body. Every memory of pain and abuse from Prussia resurfaced and a violent shiver shook him.

Wehrmacht kept glancing down the hall, listening for sounds of soldiers. He was beyond nervous. He was torn.

What if I'm the reason they're here? Wehrmacht thought with a wince. What if Prussia found out about my attempt to bomb NI? I made it clear to my soldiers to keep it a secret....but this is Prussia I'm dealing with and he's the substitute head of the UK operation right now.

He looked back at Wales. The little Brit was curled on the floor, trying desperately not to cry. Wehrmacht felt shattered.

"Hey." He knelt down in front of Wales and gently took his shoulders. They were practically vibrating in fear.

"I won't let him get you again," he whispered, squeezing Wales's arms. "I won't let them get any of you." I mean it. I will keep my promise.

Then he lifted Wales up from the floor and set him down on the bed next to Ireland.

A knock on the front door resonated through the house. Then the knock turned to banging.

Wehrmacht immediately grabbed NI and placed him on the bed too. Ireland hugged his two brothers close.

German voices shouted from outside.

Wehrmacht turned to England. The British country, his sworn enemy, the man he'd wanted revenge on ever since he held Austria-Hungary down to be dismembered, stood awkwardly by the bed watching him, his expression worried and afraid and confused.

Wehrmacht approached England, who looked him in the eye.

"Turn me in," said England. "Take me, but please leave my children alone."

The German voices grew louder.

Wehrmacht glanced down the hall. Then he brushed past England, briefly placing his hand on England's shoulder, and murmured, "Take care of them for me."

England's eyes widened as Wehrmacht closed the bedroom door.

----------------------

A very bewildered human German soldier gawked when Wehrmacht opened the front door.

Instant silence descended upon the troops. Even IRA stopped yelling at Prussia, who stood in the middle of the field, gazing at Wehrmacht with an unreadable expression.

Then Prussia smiled, glided forward on his wings, and was suddenly on the porch right in front of Wehrmacht.

"Well, well!" Prussia engulfed Wehrmacht in a hug, curling his wings around them. "My beautiful, favorite grandson, you're alive!"

Wehrmacht forced his tense shoulders to loosen. He hugged back. There was a slight comfort in being near Prussia's black feathered wings again—it was a connection, a similarity they alone shared.

Then he spotted the agitated look on IRA's face and pulled out of the hug.

"Ireland never told me he sent out a visitor's invitation to you," Wehrmacht regarded Prussia, pretending to be surprised.

"Because he didn't!" IRA jumped in, stomping onto the porch. "Again, this is a violation! As the military entity of this country, I DEMAND that you remain outside of our borders."

"Oh please," Prussia said, rolling his eyes. "I'm merely visiting my grandson. In fact, I'm sure he'd be willing to invite me inside at this moment, hm?"

Wehrmacht hesitated for a split second and IRA was already frantically shaking his head. But Wehrmacht kept his eyes on Prussia and nodded, "Of course, come inside."

He led Prussia and a shocked IRA into the house. Prussia sat comfortably down on the couch with two German soldiers standing guard on either side of him. Two more soldiers guarded the door.

Prussia flicked his wings ever so slightly at another two soldiers, who gave him small nods and started heading for the stairs to the second story. But Wehrmacht noticed the order; he was very familiar with it.

"Großvater, ich möchte, dass Sie die Privatsphäre meines Retters respektieren," Wehrmacht said. (Grandfather, I'd like you to respect my savior's privacy)

He spoke in a more formal voice now. It felt foreign, to be speaking in such a guarded and stiff way after weeks of carefree cursing and half-drunk chatter. But Wehrmacht knew Prussia liked polite etiquette.

"Oh, aber ich würde ihn gerne treffen," Prussia purred. "Irland ja? Ich würde erwarten, dass er zumindest seine Gäste begrüßt, insbesondere den Verwandten seines...Freundes." (Oh but I'd like to meet him. Ireland yes? I would expect him to at least greet his guests, especially the relative of his...friend)

IRA was looking between Wehrmacht and Prussia in confusion. Wehrmacht switched to English to clarify.

"Ja, we are friends," he said. "He saved my life. He is sick right now and I'd rather not disturb him."

"I see," Prussia hummed. "In that case, I will not bother your Irish friends. But...."

Prussia twirled his finger in the air. One of the German soldiers silently obeyed and went into the kitchen.

"Hey!" IRA protested. "You better not break any dishes!"

Yet moments later the German soldier had returned. In his hand, he held a cup. He brought it to Prussia.

Wehrmacht recognized it instantly.

It was a tea cup, still half-full of tea. Tea that Wehrmacht had made.

NI's tea.

"I smell a Brit," Prussia grinned. 

--------------

I didn't like the ending of this part because it felt too convenient that Prussia just knew NI's tea cup was there. As a writer, one of the hardest things for me is finding good ways to move the plot forward and I'd rather not have the story be handed to the characters so easily. Gotta make them suffer.

Sorry England.

"I smell a Brit" also sounded kinda sus so I deleted this version.

I think there's a third part to this, I'll post it if I can find it.

~Love