2 Raura

Dependent

Ross' pov

"Laura...all I'm saying is, if you keep pushing people away, I don't know what's going to happen. They all love you out there so why are you not letting them? You're so fun to be with, but you know when someone is happy most of the time, and you're not now, you know something is wrong..Why are you not letting them love you?"I ruffled my hair. "Why won't you let me?"

I saw tears form in her eyes. No-one I knew had ever made her cry before and here I was, making her cry.

"Laura...It's just I never expected you to push me away...Laura..please don't start crying.."

She shook her head,"You're right Ross. I do push them away, and you know why? I'm bloody scared that's why. If I put too much trust onto someone, if I depend on them too much, they'll break hence I'll break..I don't want to ever put someone through that, nonetheless myself."

She let 1 tear escape her eye.

I couldn't stand her looking like this. All alone. When really she wasn't. She had me.

I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Laura, I would like to be the person you depend on. I'd rather it be me than anybody else..May I be your boyfriend?"

She pulled back to see my face.

"Sorry, what?"

"Huh, not the kind of reply I was hoping for."

"No, no, it's just, are you sure?"

"Never been so sure in my life."

She smiled, "I guess we could give it a try."

And that was the first beautiful smile I had seen on her face that day.