#2 (nsfw)

Len is a singer and guitarist of a local band group, struggling to get by. He has a crush on Oliver, a boy who goes to the same school as him. In the cafeteria, he approaches him.

How beautiful he looked! The way his eyes sparkled in the sunlight, the way his smile lit up those pretty yellow eyes...
"Hey Oliver, wanna go see a movie tonight?"

Oliver looks at Len with surprise.

He averted his eyes, and fidgeted with his legs.

"Uh... I don't know..."

"Come on, Ollie. I'll pay for it."

"You're... you're not still talking to that guy are you? He's so weird... "

Len's eyes widened.

"What? I thought you liked my band, man!"

"I do! I like the band, I like your voice, I like..."

"Alright! Alright! I'll go! Don't get angry!"

"I'm not... ow! Ouch! What are you doing!? Stop pushing me!"

"Sorry."

Len stops pushing, then stops walking. They had been walking towards a footbridge.

"What's with the face, Ollie? It's not like you to be so quiet, or to walk different from me."

"I... I just... this is really embarrassing..."

Len stares at him suspiciously.

"What happened? Why are YOU embarrassed?"

"It's... it's kind of a long story..."

"Hey, I'm not that interesting. Tell me anyway."

"Well... as usual, my weirdness sort of came out in full force."

You stare at the reflection of the water before you.

"I like a boy who goes to my school..."

"Ouch! You said that one hurt!"

"... Okay, I swear this is the last time I tell this story. A boy at my school has a crush on me."

"No way! I'm the one who has a crush on you!"

"Shut up."

Len begins to smile.

"I wanted to tell you so many times, but I was too afraid. It's just... I don't know how to act. I like you, you like me, but we can't be together."

Oliver walks over to the edge of the bridge, staring down at the water below.

"Well... are you going to ask him?"

"Ask who what?"

"You know who." Len frowns.

"Who do you mean?"

"The boy that you like! You have to ask him out!" Len starts to laugh.

"Are you serious?"

"Of course I am! Don't you want to go out with me?"

"Yeah, I do. I'm just not sure if it's a good idea. I've never dated before."

"Well why not? You like hanging out with me right?"

"Yeah, I like hanging out with you, but that's different from dating. I mean... if we went out, what if I said or did something that made you mad? You might get angry and not want to be around me anymore."

"That doesn't happen."

"It's not that I'd get mad, it's that you'd get busy. You have to study and play music."