Confrontation

Formal Grom had ended and Luz, like the kind girl she is, walked Amity home. For them, no words needed to be said.. But yet, they never quite established what they were now..

They were just living in the moment...at the moment.

Once they stood a few feet away from the Blight house, Amity turned too Luz. "Well..this is where we should probably part ways.."
Luz smiled a bit, "No worries." Amity stepped a bit closer to Luz, "I..Um..I had a really nice time tonight..Thank you." Luz felt her cheeks heat up a bit, "I did too.."

Amity looked down at their feet, but Luz put her fingers under her chin to make eye contact with the witch as she took ahold of her other hand. "Amity..can I-um.." Luz felt a bit weird asking but she was curious. Amity quickly answered before she could even finished.

"Yesplease."

Luz smiled as she leaned forward, planting a sweet kiss on Amity's lips. It wasn't as long as the last one, but it was enough to make Amity's heart flutter.

As soon as they pulled away, Luz blushed a bit as she put her hand in the back of her neck, "I'll um...I'll see you Monday?" Amity blushed as she put a stray of hair behind her ear, "Um, Y-Yea..Goodnight Luz." Luz gave her hand a final squeeze before letting go, "Goodnight Amity.."

-----

Amity closed the door behind her and sighed as she leaned against it. 'I kissed Luz..I kissed Luz TWICE!' Amity felt her stomach fill up with butterflies as she thought of how Luz looked at her before and after the kiss..Absolutely nothing could ruin her mood.

"Amity, you're finally home..Good."

Well...except one thing.

"Oh, um..Hello Mother." Amity greeted. Mrs.Blight stood at the foot of the staircase as she stared at her youngest child. "Darling please don't say 'oh' it's not very ladylike." Amity nodded, "Yes mother.."

"So, I heard you had a date to the Formal Grom." Mrs.Blight said.

Amity's heart dropped.

"Y-Yes..I did mother.."

"...And I heard, that it was a certain human girl." Mrs. Blight finished.

Amity's eyes went wide in a panic, "How..How do you know that?" Mrs. Blight came closer to Amity, "I had a bit of an... outsider help me..Amity, you understand that you are a Blight. That type of...foolery isn't allowed here in this house."

Amity looked down at her feet, "Y-Yes mother...Could I go get ready for bed now?" Mrs. Blight nodded. Before Amity could step on one of the staircases, Mrs.Blight took ahold of Amity's wrist, stopping her. Amity looked at her, realizing her nightmares became a reality.

"I also heard you..kissed her. "

———

Luz made it back to the owl house and shut the door as quietly as she could. She leaned against the door and sighed.

Luz knew deep down that she liked Amity, but she never once planned on acting on it. But tonight....tonight was something out of a dream.