Chapter 1

"Just pray that you'll be born with a quirk in your next life,"

"And take a swan dive off the roof of a building!" Katsuki sneered with a menacing grin, his threatening ruby eyes locked on Izuku who stared at the ground with a pained darkened expression. For a few seconds, everything was quiet. Even the boys who supported Katsuki's mean schemes fell silent as the small greenette trembled before them, their taunting laughs becoming nothing more than unsure exchanged glances. The only thing that disrupted the quiet was the soft whistle of the cold air emitting from the vents.

It stayed that way for a minute, more or less, until Katsuki's former childhood friend looked up with hurt-filled eyes, his usual joyful and determined forest green eyes narrowed into a shaky glare.

"W-well-" The poor defenseless Izuku attempted to defend himself. Katsuki's eyebrows twitched with temper but his malistic expression never faded.

"Yeah? What, loser?" Katsuki asked, raising his forearm to make his hand that popped with small yet loud explosions visible to Izuku. Midoriya flinched with fear, his saddened green eyes falling to the ground once again.

Katsuki scoffed, muttering how pathetic Izuku was under his breath, before turning to leave the otherwise deserted classroom. The boys labled as Katsuki's friends (even though the blonde hardly saw them that way) followed after him, one of them glancing back at Izuku on their way out.

Katsuki tucked his hands into his pockets, kicking the school front doors open with his foot upon reaching it. The evening was beautiful, carrying a soft warm wind to it, and the sun was joyous, oblivious that something cruel had happened in the building it shone brightly upon. Silence whistled with the wind between the boys for a while. It wasn't until they'd completely left the school premises did one of Bakugou's followers spoke up, his voice filled with pity for the small freckled classmate that Katsuki harassed daily.

"Don't you think you took it too far? That was kinda harsh, what if he does kill himself?" The boy questioned Katsuki.

"He won't, he's a coward. That bastard wouldn't kill him even if his own father told him to." Katsuki grumbled, his eyes on the concrete sidewalk as they headed in the direction of their homes. Two of Katsuki's friends had separated from the group, leaving for their neighborhoods, exchanging brief goodbyes. It was only the boy and Katsuki now.

"I thought he didn't know his father?"

"He doesn't but if that jackass ever did come back to Deku and his mother, he still wouldn't kill himself," Katsuki muttered.

"Are you sure-"

"What is this, twenty questions? Fuck off and leave me alone, the loser's gonna be fine!" Katsuki snapped.

"Alright... Bye, Bakugou." The boy mumbled, parting ways.

Katsuki continued his walk to his house alone. He enjoyed the silence accompanied with the gentle background noise surrounding him: the tapping of his own feet against concrete, the humming of the breeze against green leaves, the distant songs of peppy birds. It was nice. Although, Katsuki couldn't help but think about what his friend had said earlier. It forced a crack in his once strong and unbreakable glass statue of confidence. The blonde huffed, shaking his head from the unconscionable thought. Katsuki knew Izuku didn't have the balls to do it; to kill himself as his friend feared. But despite his efforts to convince himself, a small knot of despair still lingered at the bottom of his gut. After all, he did tell someone he knew his whole life to kill himself. Only time will tell if he would go through with it or not; which Bakugou was sure he wouldn't.

Katsuki walked into his home, ignoring his father who greeted him happily and his mother who yelled at him for it. He snapped back at her, "leave me alone" and "fuck you" escaping his mouth as he stomped up the stairs. He stepped into his room before the yelling escalated to an argument, closing the door behind him and locking it. Walking further inside his bedroom, Katsuki threw his bag to the side then threw himself onto his bed. He laid flat on his back, staring at the ceiling. His ruby eyes stayed there, his mind in another place. He knew he should shower or at least change out of his uniform but he didn't care enough to do it.