It's a Date

Eva woke up temporarily disoriented. She rolled from her side to her back, looking around in confusion before realizing where she was. She attempted to rub her eyes before recalling that her hands had been tied together. She felt like she had at least gotten two hours of solid sleep. She looked to the small window and saw daylight.

She got up and walked over to the window, peering out through the bars and screen. The window was so dirty it obscured the view, but she could make out patchy grass that stretched on for miles. There was nothing else in sight except for a few trees.

She entered the bathroom and turned on the water, flipping her long hair behind her shoulder before leaning over to drink from the faucet. When she was done, she splashed some of the water on her face and dried her face with her shirt as she didn't see any towels.

She returned to the center of the room, where all she could do was lay on the floor and wait for what was next. She laid with her hair splayed out around her head as she gazed up at the ceiling. She entertained herself by tracing the cracks with her eyes to make imaginary shapes.

She was humming, and had traced the outline of a bunny with a giraffe neck when somebody entered the room.

She turned her head to see them. It was the same goon as before. He held in his arms a towel and what looked like a moving blanket.

"Hola payaso, como estas?" she asked.

"Huh?" he said, his brow raised in confusion.

"Nevermind, what's that?" She asked curiously, pointing her chin at what he was holding.

He walked over and dropped them in front of her. "Towel and blanket. Can't imagine this cold-ass floor was comfortable. That is, if ya got any sleep at all. This is all we got, but better than nothin' right?"

She sat up, looking up at him. "Wow, thanks. Why, though?"

"You're not leaving anytime soon, so you'll need somethin'." He said.

She nodded. "Well, that's cool."

He stood awkwardly for a moment, hands in his pockets, before she spoke again.

"Wait, is your boss going to be okay with this?"

"The boss told me to bring it." He said.

She smiled, her face flushing. "Wow, that's... nice."

"You need me to cut that tie for you again so you can use the bathroom?"

"That would make it easier, yes. I've had to pee since I woke up."

He cut the zip tie for her again, allowing her to have her hands free so that she could use the restroom. When she was done, he used a new one and allowed her to keep her hands in front of her this time.

After tying her hands, he spoke. "Can I ask you somethin'?"

"Sure..." she said, reluctant.

"Why aren't you absolutely fuckin' terrified? You gotta be outta your mind to not fear the Joker. You're relaxed like this is some kind of vacation,"

"That's what they call him? Wow..." She marveled.

"So, I just wanna know what's wrong with you, I guess." He continued, his brown eyes genuinely curious.

"I've never stood a chance at being normal. You see my face, do you not?"

"How couldn't I? Those are some nasty lookin' scars you got. So you're tellin' me whatever happened to you was worse than what this guy can do to you?"