sweets with pineapples

"Chrome, try this one next!"

The said girl was overwhelmed sitting in front of the table – full of desserts – in a cafe near Namimori middle school. You were beside her, happily eating a parfait as Chrome looked in your direction with a dumb-founded expression on her face.

It was sunday, you invited her to go in a local cafe and she agreed. You also paid for her food since you realized that you dragged her here – which she doesn't really mind. Even though you can see in her face how surprised she is everytime you order another dessert at the table, she won't even turn down your request to try them. You were eating a tiramisu cake paired with a matcha flavored frappe with chocolate syrup on the top, it was one of the cafe's specialty!

"This one is pineapple flavored!" you exclaimed, handing Chrome a soft serve ice cream. The cafe was selling a tropical themed flavor ice cream, apparently they were limited edition flavors for the season – and it was something that you don't want to miss. Hearing the word pineapple from you made you giggle, realizing that you didn't mean to say that word in front of Chrome.

Sooner or later he might show himself up, but you just shrugged it off and hopefully he actually won't show up.

"(Name)-chan," Chrome started as she took a bite on a strawberry and banana loaded with nutella spread crepe that you offered minutes ago, "Mukuro-sama was annoyed by that,"

You snorted, the tiramisu cake that you were just eating is now finished. "I didn't even mean to say it to him!" that was the reaction from Mukuro that you were expecting, even though you didn't really mean to say it in the first place as you were referring to the food earlier. "Besides, it's just a food."

"Oya?" A sudden change of voice from Chrome beside you was heard, the familiar deep voice from a certain someone that you don't really want to see now, "I heard you were talking shit about me, (Name)"

That's it – it's getting ridiculous now to the point that you just want to burst out in laughter and actually call him a goddamn pineapple.

"I wasn't calling you a pineapple!" you said in your defense, a smile plastered in your face as you can't hold in your laughter, "Stop assuming things!"

He scoffed, crossing his arms as he leaned his back on the sofa that you two are sitting on. "Oh please, shorty." he rolled his eyes as he looked at you, stuffing your mouth with a mouthful of cake, "Nevermind – an unlady girl with no table manners."

That took your attention, "What did you just say, pineapple? I'd literally beat you up to death if I heard you say more," you glared as you sipped your matcha frappe. "How scary, an unlady girl like you stands no chance before me." Fuckass

"Jerk!" you exclaimed, "you're gonna pay for everything that Chrome ate then!"

Everything that you ordered was already eaten anyway so you stood up angrily, stomping your way out with cheeks puffed as you pouted. All the food was actually paid already in advance. Mukuro sighed, looking at the stacks of plates with a single cutlery laying on the top of it. His hand unknowingly grabbed the soft serve ice cream that you offered to Chrome earlier, his face scrunched when he remembered that it was the pineapple flavored one.

On your way home, you suddenly felt chills from your back, hearing an annoying chuckle in which you totally ignored since you felt creeped out.