Ch. 34: Night

You and Furlan went to the library, which Furlan immediately runs to the kid's section. This was only possible because of Commander Erwin. Who had requested children's books to be put in a corner with padded floors. It just shows how much everyone love and supports the future, each and everyone of them perspire to create a loving and educational environment for the kids even through the tough times they are facing.

You look around the library you haven't been in for so long. As Furlan grabssome books from the shelf.

The tall glass window, the long wooden table still stacked with books, it brought memories, back to the time before Furlan was born.

"Mommy, I found a book with fruits. Let's read this one." Furlan tugs on your pant leg as he looks up at you with his big grey eyes. His other hand tucking the big book under his armpit.

"Of course." you ruffle Furlan's hair as he follows you back to the floor with the soft padding, as you sat down, leaning your back against a cushion you had propped up against the bookshelf. Furlan settle himself into your lap as you crossed your legs.
Then you read him the story. Eventually, the both of you fell asleep without you knowing.

A small *creak* came from the door as someone comes in.

Levi looks at the two of you. Furlan curl up in your arms  with your arms wrapped around him. You lean back against cushion, your head tilting to one side as you slept.

Levi comes to sit down next to you, leaning your slumped body against his, as he tilts your head to lay it on his shoulder.

Silently, he looks at the long glass window that brought the orange sunset into the library. Furlan shuffles in your embrace, and looks up to see his dad.

Levi turns his head and sees Furlan looking up at him. Furlan rubs his eyes and mumbles, "Daddy?"

Levi quietly places his index finger on his lips as he glances at you, who was not phased one bit by the sound Furlan had made.
Furlan looks up at your sleeping face and smiles.

Levi couldn't help but smile to himself as he is surrounded by his family in such a serene place.

Furlan giggles a bit as he looks at his dad. Levi leans down to look at you  and tilts his head down to give you a light kiss on your lips.

"Wake up." Levi says.

You shift your body a bit, but didn't bother to open your eyes.

Levi kisses you again, " Wake up, Mrs. Ackerman."

Furlan giggles again as he sees his dad expressing his love for his wife.

Slowly you open your eyes, lifting your head up to see Levi sitting next to you. You smile at him and says, "I just dreamed about kissing you."

Furlan giggles some more and bury his face into his mother's chest out of embarrassment.

Levi looks into your eyes and says,
"You don't need to dream about me. Because I belong to you. Every part of me." Levi leans in to kiss you again.

Furlan squealed a little in your arms on how much his parents are showing their love to each other.

You look down at Furlan and laugh. Ruffling your hands through his soft hair.

"Furlan, you left your titan book on the table.   I put it on my desk in my office. So don't worry if you can't find it." Levi says to his son.

"Thank you daddy." Furlan smiles widely at him.

Levi stands up, "Why don't we get dinner?"

Furlan jumps up from your lap, as Levi gave you a hand.

The three of you walk to town square which is bustling with people.

Both you and Levi hold each of Furlan's hands as the three of you walk side by side. Walking into the restaurant the three you had decided on along the way.

After dinner, the three of you went for a stroll through a night market. The streets were light up with lanterns and decorative flag flutter through the breeze. Vending stalls lined up on both sides of the road.

There were even street performances  with fire torch blowers, jugglers, much like a street circus performance.

The three of you were among the crowd of people looking on at the performances.

"I'm going to get some drinks. Furlan, what do you want?" Levi asks him being held up in your arms to watch the performance.

"Milk tea!" Furlan chimes happily. Levi looks at you, which you reply, "Same."

Levi slowly got out from the walls of people and reach the vending stalls.
"Mommy!" you hear Furlan yell.
As a big ball comes your way.  You let go of Furlan's hand for a brief second and uses both hands to grab the ball.
But at that moment, you had an uneasy feeling as you turn your head to look down. And Furlan was not beside you, but was in a stranger's grasp.

You quickly drop the ball and grab hold of Furlan's hand, which was slipping through the large group of people. There was no place for anyone to move even if they want to, and it was very hard to see who or what grabbed Furaln. You try your best to make your way through the crowd of people, you feel his hand slipping from your grip.
No one was helping because it was chaotic and distracted from the performance. No one was sure who had grabbed your child as they moved very fast through the crowd. It was as if it was all planned out.  And with one forceful yank from the stranger. Furlan's small hand slips out of yours. You hear him cry, "Mommy!" his voice muffled at the end off the word. And you could no longer hear him.

"Levi!" you shout in the night sky.
Levi was about to pay for the drinks, which the vending stall was about a few feet away, but with this many people it took a bit longer than it should.

Eventually, you and Levi met up in the middle of the crowd, with tears in your eyes.

Levi looks worriedly at you, and grabs onto you as you stumble towards him.

"Furlan was kidnapped ..." you speak as your lips tremble with fear. "I.. I didn't see their face. But I think it has something to do with the performers. The ball came my way, and they took Furlan." the feeling of fear and nervousness rush over you as you try to stand.

Levi wraps an arm around your waist, "We have no time to waste, let's get some assistance." he says, as he lead you away from the crowd.

Meanwhile, at Commander Erwin's study, loud rapid knocks came to his door.

Commander Erwin puts down the book he was reading and quickly stroll to his door, opening it.

"What.." before Commander Erwin could say anything, he was caught off by the person at his door.

Hange looks at Erwin with much seriousness, unlike her carefree self, she says, "Commander, we have an urgent operation. Furlan was kidnapped."