Chapter II: When Night Fell

After hanging up the phone, Adeena shift her gears and drive straight to the Kruks publishing agency. This is the only agency that publish her works.

For the past few months, she was occupied by her family problem that she forgot to check the emails and calls from her agent. If she doesn't receive the call just now, she wouldn't know that there is someone who is willing to purchase the film rights to her work.

Lucia, Adeena's agent is waiting for her at the entrance of the building. When she first receive the notice from JK company she hurriedly called her boss. To her disappointment, the writer didn't answer her calls even her emails. She doesn't have any contact to this person only those two means. At last, she decided to give the mobile number of her boss to the company. Thankfully, the writer doesn't reprimand her instead she was in high spirit and apologize to her for negligence.

'Alas, I thought I will need to change my job for disclosing her personal information'

A black Porsche suddenly stop right infront of her. She tried to look inside but it was too dark to see, so she just ignore it and turn her attention back to her phone.

The writer should be here now at any minute, I need to make myself presentable.

When she was about to get the mirror at her bag, she heard the *beep from the Porsche. She back a few feet away at the thought that she was on the way and wait for the person to come out before returning to her original position, but it never happen.

Out of curiosity she look inside, the first thing she saw was the white slender fingers that open the passenger seat, she was attracted to it and follow its movement, never expecting to meet a pair of hazel eyes . A gentle but firm voice ask her

'Who are you?'

That voice was familiar, as soon as she think of the possibility that this woman was the writer, she hurriedly introduce herself.

'So I approach the right person, I'm Adeline. I finally met you, come in... lets talk about the matter inside'

Lucia was stunned at those bright smile, how can the writer be this pretty... Her face is the perfect imitation of the goddess of beauty.

Lucia unconsciously look at her clothes and can't help but be embarassed. Maybe Adeena felt her agent's trouble, so she ask her

'What's wrong, don't you want to hop in?'

Seeing Adeena's concerned look, she hurriedly shook her head and hop in the car.

-----

After the meeting between the two, Adeena drive straight to the nearby hotel. She will leave this country soon, it doesn't concern her living temporarily inside the hotel.

It was already 1:00 in the morning. Adeena was leaning on the window overlooking the city lights outside.

     It such a mystery how the scenery outside can bring out memories she thought she already forget

It such a mystery how the scenery outside can bring out memories she thought she already forget. Her heart is starting to ache again, she doesn't like this feeling, she wanted to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling that was starting to grow in her heart.

She move her body towards her suitcase, opened it and get the remaining bottle of the screaming eagle cabernet sauvignon 1992, she doesn't fully enjoy the taste of the wine at the mansion...

She kiss the bottle and said while holding it infront of her 'you.. Accompany me tonight, okay?' She hug the bottle and came back to her original position.

Drowning herself in the alcohol might help her in releasing the unbearable pain she was feeling.

She sighed and thought 'So this is the pain of the broken hearted'

After drinking the two bottles of wine she felt empty. She thought, she was okay, but to her surprise after being alone... sadness pulled her towards the reality.

The sun already rose and not a trace of darkness can be seen. As for Adeena, she was lying on the cold floor, All of her tears have dried off, but the pain she felt the whole night never left her.

She held her phone in front of her, she wanted to vent this hatred to someone but her pride overpowers her. After hesitating for about an hour she finally call the number she was most familiar with.

After several rings it was pick up by someone, her heart ache at the sound of the female voice on the other side. Thankfully her attention turn to the pain she was feeling at her palms. She look at it and saw the fingernails embedded on it.

Her eyebrows twitched and thought ' So that was it... Physical pain can overpower your emotional pain'

She was about to hang up but soon retreated when she heard the familiar voice.

[Hello... Deen, is that you?]

She wanted to curse him

ask the reason why he left

Why he chose to hurt her

There's a thousand of words she wanted to ask but at the end she only said

[...Yes]

[Deen, I'm sorry]

[Hmmmm]

[Are you okay?... You drank?]

Dude, I'm.not.Okay. and how come you knew I drank? You disgusting piece of garbage!!!!!

[ Yea, just a taste]

Silence... She bring her injured palm in front of her, while tracing the wounds on it she courageously ask him

[Are you happy now?]

At the other side of the phone, the man turned stiff as soon as he heard those words. He can feel the suppress emotion lingering on those words. He look aside, a delicate face was looking at him, a trace of confusion flashing on her beautiful eyes. He smiled and answer

[Yes]

The girl smiled back at him, she stands up and seductively walk towards him

[Is she worth it?]

[Yes]

He felt a smooth arm envelope his neck, before he realize what was happening the girl already reach her fingers and rub his dick.

*Ngh

*beep beeep

Adeena saw her reflection at the mirror, compare to the girl that was accompanying his ex right now she was indeed more beautiful.

'Yea, maybe she was good in bed.. Hmmmp '

The almost dried cheeks starting to get wet again, for the entire day she only cried herself until she fall asleep.