Catching an Intruder

Cover Photo: https://www.instagram.com/e_gblk/

Princess Silvanna is annoyed.

She just wants to be on the battlefield, for lord's sake!

She's trained for this, and has been training hard since she was eighteen.

But no, none of the advisors think it's a good idea. None of her advisors are willing to let her go out and fight. Even her captain Tigreal says the same thing, which is so terribly frustrating. How is she supposed to prove herself when she can't even have the opportunity to do that?

Well, at least today would be a bit more interesting. Apparently they were going to talk battle strategies, and she wanted to be involved in that. If they let her in.

Princess Silvanna walked aimlessly through the palace corridors, passing servants and knights. She was just about to pass by an empty hall, when she heard a weird noise.

Something that sounded suspiciously like a cough, which was immediately shushed up. Silvanna's head turned at the sound, and she backtracked into the empty hall.

Yes, her ears weren't wrong. That room wasn't empty after all. There was a man there, dressed in strange looking clothes.

He had a long black coat with spikes on the shoulders, and a red scarf, and he was lurking around. He doesn't stand tall and straight like the Imperial Knights. In fact, he seems to be trying to hide in the shadows, and his eyes dart around here and there. Like someone dangerous. Maybe a spy. Or a thief.

Her heart beat faster. This stranger should not be here!

"Are you lost?" her voice rang out, echoing in the empty hall. The stranger jumped, and turned towards Princess Silvanna.

He tensed when he turned around, then relaxed when he saw her. He puts down the black heavy case he's been carrying on the floor.

"My lady," he gives a short bow. "I'm here on official business."

"Is that so?" Silvanna said haughtily, using her best Princess voice. "And what, pray tell, would that business be?"

"That's private, I'm afraid." He looks over at her fancy blue gown, and her long white gloves, and bows again. "anyway, it's nothing that concerns you."

What, because she's clearly a lady, therefore she has no business in whatever he's involved in?

"Well, I'm sure whatever business you have, it would be something you can tell me." she says sweetly.

"It's nothing that concerns you." the stranger says again, emphasizing the word 'nothing'. Silvanna resists the urge to roll her eyes.

"How about we drop all this polite nonsense and get to the point?" she huffs. The stranger's eyes widen at her brusqueness now, and he stops his bowing.

"What is it that you want?" He says impatiently. "Let's make this quick."

She steps forward so she's right in front of him.

"This place is off-limits to you. Leave now."

"No offense but I have every right to be here." He said arrogantly.

"You?" she says in a half-laugh. "Trust me, you don't belong here."

His eyes narrow at her words, and he says nothing as he turns away from her.

"Leave now." she says as commandingly as she can. He turns his head back to face her.

"No." he smirks.