South Haven

I woke up late for work, as usual.

"Shit!" I yelled and got up and started getting ready. I worked at my parents diner, which sucked because I'm expect to be there Monday through Friday, 10 am to 3 pm, no questions asked. But hey, at least I get paid.

My phone started buzzing, it was my boyfriend, Peter.

"Yes, hello?" I said, flustered and in a hurry, I slid on my uniform and threw my hair into a low bun.

"Geez, morning to you to. I was just calling to say have a good day at work and if you're still up for movie night tonight?" I sighed and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, good morning love, and yes, I am still up for movie night but I'm running late and really have to go." I told him, trying not to sound rude but it definitely came out as rude.

"Okay, I love you." He said.

"I love you too." I hung up the phone and grabbed the keys to my Tahoe and bolted out the door. It was a 5 minute drive to the diner. Since South Haven is such a small town, everyone knew everyone and everyone knew of everyone's drama and problems.

I got inside the diner and slipped my name tag on and grabbed a notepad.

"You're late, table three, go." My mom said, annoyed, my dad must have made her mad. Since this whole place is strictly family ran, my grandparents pay the bills and manage money, dads a cook along with my uncle, moms head waitress. My brother, Ryan, who's two years younger than me is cook whenever he shows up. And then my two cousins are waitresses along with me.

My converse squeaked across the tile floor as I made my way to table three, where two very cute brunette boys sat.

"Hi, I'm Katie, I'll be your waitress today, what can I get you to drink?" I asked politely. A piece of hair blonde hair dangled in front of my eye and I blew it out of my face. The younger boy looked at me and smiled.

"Well to start well both take an orange juice and also two big breakfasts." He said and I jotted down BB & OJ x2.

"Comin right up." I smiled and walked to the bar and slid the order to my dad, who started making it right away.

"Who's the cuties?" My cousin Judy asked, with a smile on her face.

"No clue but they sure are cute, I wonder what they're doing in South Haven, literally no one comes to this town, it has like 800 people, if that." I joked and got their drinks and brought them over to the blue eyed boys.

"Your food will be right out." I smiled and made my way back to Judy at the bar. Before I looked at her I turned around and caught the younger boy staring at me. I blushed and turned towards my older cousin.

"You're totally crushing!" She joked and pushed my arm a bit.

"No! I love Peter, me and Peter are happy." I sighed and began folding the napkins while I waited for their food.

"You sound like you're trying to convince me and you. Look, you and Peter have been together for three years, it's okay if the love is dying." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"It's not dying, he's just a jealous douche sometimes." Judy laughed and the bell rang which meant the food was done.

"Be right back." I said with a smile still plastered on my face. I carried their plates to them and sat them on the table.

"Anything else I can help you boys with today?" I asked nicely.

"Uh, yeah, your number on this napkin." The younger boy said and I smiled and took the napkin from his hand and jotted down my number.

"And by the way, I'm Hayes and this is Nash." He informed me and I smiled and nodded.

"So what brings you to South Haven?" I questioned, making friendly conversation since the diner wasn't very busy.

"Well, me and my brother are what they call social media influencers, and I swear some of these girl are crazy, they track us down and try to find us wherever we go. So, we searched small towns in Michigan and came here, now we're talking to you..Katie." Hayes explained and I blushed when he said my name.

What am I thinking? He practically just told you he's famous and I'm blushing at his voice saying my name? Katie, you love Peter.

"Well you definitely came to the right place, no one really knows about this place as you can tell." I joked and they smiled.

"Holler if you need me." I turned around and continued my day taking orders and picking up dirty dishes.

~3:00 pm~

My shift was finally over and I grabbed my belongings from the back room and walked out to my suv, she wasn't perfect but to me she was. My car I mean, my car is she.

"Hey." A voice said, I turned on my heels and smiled.

"Hayes, what are you still doing here?" I asked, surprised he waited around.

"Well I asked your mom what time your shift got over and got here early in case you got out early, I've been waiting on this bench for twenty minutes. I was hoping you'd show me around your home town." He explained and I smiled and nodded.

"Uh, yeah, hop in, I'll show you around a bit." We got in my tahoe and began our journey. Movie night completely slipping from my mind.