PART TWENTY-FIVE: THE GAME CREATOR

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains violence. Reader discretion is advised.

"Of course, I know. I'm the dark raven, after all..."

I knew that the day like this would come. That I will finally say those words that have long been hidden behind my tongue. I've imagined it. I've predicted it.

But why does it feel heavy? Why do I feel uneasy?

I knew that the day like this will meet me halfway. I just...never knew that it would come at me tonight.

"Neska..." Casper uttered.

Kung titingnan ay bakas sa mukha niya ang panlulumo. Ni hindi niya malaman ang gagawin. Si Aubrielle naman ay napa-urong nang magtama ang paningin namin. Bakas sa mukha niya ang hindi maipaliwanag na takot.

Traise and Avery had their mouth slightly opened. Newt was covering his mouth because he was cursing hardly.

"The hidden member..." Traise finally said. His voice was shaky and his eyes were inquiring. "It was you...?"

I met his eyes and just then, I nodded.

"There she is," Avery said with a bitter voice. "The greatest actress of all time."

"Neska...anak..."

When I looked at my dad, tears were forming in his eyes.

"S-So," Aubrielle said. "You're...really adopted...?"

"No," I immediately said. "I am my mom's daughter but not my dad's, if that makes sense. My mom was already pregnant when she married my dad," I said and looked at my dad who was getting emotional. "Did I miss something?"

Tears fell from my dad's eyes. "Neska...patawad....patawad kung...kung sa iba mo pa nalaman..."

"Does that matter?" I bitterly asked and looked at Newt. "The thing here is, I know."

Namula si Newt nang mapansing ibinato ko rin sa kanila iyong linya niya noon.

"I am the supreme, the concealed ace, the unseen catastrophe. I am not an enemy or an ally; I am the mediator. I stand between life and death. I am a slave of no one," I said and determination was in my eyes.

They were all looking at me.

"I am the dark raven."

Pangalawang beses na nila iyong narinig ngunit mas malala ang naging reaksyon nila sa ikalawang pagkakataon.

"So you lied to me..."

That's when I looked at Andrius. He was standing near the door. Tears were already in his eyes and the unfathomable amount of pain was all over his face.

"You lied to someone who can risk everything for you..." he followed and by the tone of his voice, it was clear to me that he was hurting.

"Andrius..." I uttered and my voice broke. I tried to inch our gap but the moment I took a step closer to him, he stepped back.

"Neska..." he said and tears finally escaped his eyes. "I asked you. I gave you the chance to tell me about anything. But you lied. You even promised..."

Casper bit his lower lip. Aubrielle was getting emotional. Newt, Avery, Traise, and my dad were watching us.

"I have my reasons, Andrius," I said. "I—"

"Of course, you have your reasons," he bitterly said and another wave of tears fell from his eyes. "But does that reason includes hurting me?"

I couldn't talk. I bit my tongue.