sitting in a tree

Words: 1225

I didn't proof read and this was all 100% made up on the spot but yolo

Normal and highschool au cause I'm a basic bitch 😌 (also for some reason Hugo is the Batter's little brother, don't ask me questions cause idk I thought it'd help me think of more plot but it didn't

Normal and highschool au cause I'm a basic bitch 😌 (also for some reason Hugo is the Batter's little brother, don't ask me questions cause idk I thought it'd help me think of more plot but it didn't.)

"Nice doing business with you

"Nice doing business with you." The masked boy chuckled, accepting the money from a shorter school boy and giving him a small baggie.

The school boy ran off, looking over his shoulder out of paranoia.

"Really? You're going to get in trouble." The batter snickered, revealing himself on a branch in the tree above. Zacharie jumped, looking up in a panic, "now what if I was someone else?" Batter sneered.

Zacharie sighed, crossing his arms, "it won't happen, asshole. No one comes back here." He grumbled, grabbing onto the tree and slowly climbing up, "besides, it's good for credits. Y'know I need to eat, right?"

"I offered you my place til we go to college, idiot." The batter chuckled, scooting over so Zacharie could sit.

"I couldn't do that to you, you're not even getting that much as it is and you have your little brother to take care of." Zacharie sighed, sitting on the branch and kicking his feet slowly, "how is Hugo by the way?"

The batter sighed, "not too good, he's started calling me dad and I don't know what to do."

Zacharie rolled his eyes, smiling at the idea of batter actually being a dad, "so? It's not like your parents are coming back, just let him believe he's a little normal."

"True, I guess there isn't much wrong with it. He'll understand one day." The batter muttered before gasping, "and another thing! He won't eat anything except blended up lunch meat! It's weird!"

"He'll grow out of it, remember when he'd only eat carrots? It won't last too long." Zacharie muttered, "just don't actually only give him meat, he needs actual baby food."

The batter nodded, humming some dumb song he remembered playing after one of his baseball games. "What about you? What's been happening at home?"

Zacharie smiled, pulling up his mask and reaching into his pocket, "I've been gardening more- like y'know besides weed- and look!" He said excitedly, pulling some beans out of his pocket, "they're actually growing and shit!" He said with an excited grin, showing a few gaps where he had missing teeth in his mouth.