Chapter 50 - Party

AT THE PARTY

Jungkook was watching Tae drinking his fourth glass of wine. 

He himself had asked for coke. He could enjoy a glass of wine or two with a nice dinner, but party drinking wasn't his thing. It was too easy to lose control. 

Tae was getting tipsy already and Jungkook wanted him to take it slow. But he also didn't want to be too controlling when he had already set rules for Tae's drinking.

"You wanna dance, Tae?" he asked, hoping it could help make Tae slow down on his drinking.

Tae stood up, not too unsteady on his feet, and grabbed Jungkook's hand.

"Yes, my love, I would very much like to dance with you." he said and bowed to kiss Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook couldn't help laughing. His Tae was cute also when tipsy like this. Jungkook rose up and took a step towards the dance floor, dragging Tae towards him.

"Come on then, my handsome boyfriend!" Jungkook said, smiling at Tae.

Tae put his arms around Jungkook's waist and they both walked off to the dance floor. 

Haechan looked after them.

I wish Yoongi could agree to us being open like that.

He glanced in Yoongi's direction. He was still sitting by the bar, drinking beer and watching Haechan. 

When their eyes met Haechan mouthed a question and signalled towards the dance floor. Yoongi nodded, left his beer on the counter and walked towards the dance floor. 

When he passed Haechan he didn't look at him, but just said "Come on then!" and continued walking.

"Sorry, Jimin!" Haechan said, hurrying after Yoongi.

________________________________

AT THE PARTY

Jimin stood up from his chair and looked around. 

It was crowded. Too many people, really. He noticed a boy in the bar who was obviously checking him out. Jimin averted his gaze not to seem inviting. 

He walked over to the window, to peek out into the garden. It was illuminated by garden lights.

"Care if I join you?" someone asked.

Jimin turned around and smiled at the sight.

"Jackson! Hi. Finished greeting your guests?" Jimin said, moving slightly to the side to make room for Jackson to lean onto the window sill next to him.

"Yeah, finally. I brought you a drink!"

Jackson handed Jimin one of the two glasses in his hands and raised his own, looking Jimin straight in the eyes. Jimin looked back.

"Thanks! I was just thinking I needed to go get one myself." Jimin said, lifting his glass, smiling at the handsome man by his side.

"The way you look tonight I can't imagine you'd have to get your own drinks." Jackson said, taking a step closer to Jimin so their arms were almost touching.

Jimin gave him a raised eyebrow in response. Jackson just smiled and turned his head to look out of the window.

"Actually, Jimin, I was quite surprised to see you standing here all alone. I thought you'd be surrounded by admirers." Jackson continued.

"Well, I was alone for like 5 seconds, so I guess all those admirers didn't have much time to make up their minds." Jimin chuckled at Jackson's comment.

"I guess so. Glad I got here first then." Jackson said.

Jimin felt relaxed and a bit flattered by the compliments. Now Jackson took half a step to the side, turned so he was half sitting on the window sill and checked Jimin out. Jimin just calmly met his gaze.

Then Jackson looked away, shook his head and chuckled to himself. 

"What you laughing at, Jackson?" Jimin asked, tilting his head to the side. 

"I'm not. I mean, I am. It's just that you look so fucking hot I can hardly believe my eyes." he said, glancing at Jimin again. 

"And that is... funny?" Jimin asked, somewhat confused. 

"Yeah, it is, sort of. Remember how you used to check me out during your first term in high school, when I walked past you in the corridors?" Jackson asked.

"Yeah..." Jimin said, a bit embarrassed.

"Well, here I am, checking you out, can't take my eyes off you. Fuck, you're just gorgeous, Jimin. I love how daring you dress."

"Thanks." Jimin said, giving him a look and a half smile.

Jackson moved a bit closer, stretched his hand out, first tracing the silver chain of Jimin's necklace, then letting his fingers stroke over his collarbone to his shoulder and down his arm.

 His soft touch sent pleasant chills through Jimin's body.

"Jimin, sorry to be so straightforward, but... what's your situation? Are you... looking for someone?" Jackson asked, now lightly holding on to Jimin's wrist.

Jimin hesitated a bit, but if he was to take further steps with Jackson, it was probably better if Jackson knew the truth.

"The situation is... I've recently been in a... sort of... destructive relationship. I broke it up. But even so, I'm not totally over him yet." Jimin said.

Is that how I describe it? Can the most intense love affair of my life really be summarised that easily? Jimin wondered while listening to himself.

"So... not looking for something new yet?" Jackson said, not suiting action to the word, but rather he moved in very close to Jimin, stroking Jimin's arm upwards from his wrist, over his shoulder to his neck.

"I... I honestly don't know, Jackson." Jimin said, looking him in the eyes.

For half a minute none of them said anything. They just looked at each other, Jackson letting his fingers stroke Jimin's neck slowly. Jimin arched his head back slightly against Jackson's hand.

"Who is he?" Jackson finally asked in a low voice, his eyes not leaving Jimin's face.

"I don't want to talk about it, really." Jimin answered, looking back at Jackson.

He just wanted to stand there and feel Jackson touch him, without having to think at all, least of all think about Hoseok.

"Sorry I asked, Jimin. I was just curious to know who hurt you. I could beat him up, you know. For you I'd beat him up if he hurt you." Jackson said, sincerely.

Jimin responded by slapping Jackson lightly on the chest in mock frustration.

"Fuck it, Jackson. I don't need anyone to beat him up. I'm a nice guy, remember?" Jimin said.

Jimin half turned to look out of the window. Jackson moved in behind him, his body pressed against Jimin's, casually wrapping his arms around him, one around his waist and the other around his chest, pulling him close. His head was leaning onto Jimin's shoulder.

"I know you're a nice guy, Jimin. But you look the hottest kind of evil tonight." Jackson whispered.

Jimin took Jackson's hand, leaned his head back onto Jackson's chest and chuckled at that idiotic comment.

_______________________________