Chapter 1

Above is Lola

Lola P.O.V.

My name is Lola. My parents say I'm a disgrace to the family because I'm a female, not a male. I was born a werewolf but don't get the chance to change into my wolf. I can barely feel her as much as I should because the bond between us is close to nothing, caused by the lack of being able to change into the midnight black wolf. Rieka keeps telling me that things will change very soon but will it come true?

Laying on my bed thinking, why me, why do they have to do this? Severely beaten by my so-called father because I forgot to get him a beer from the fridge.Thinking that this would continue to be my life until I die, getting startled from someone knocking on the door trying not to think about this anymore.hoping it would not be my father.Waiting to see who was on the other side. Even though I could not get up, I still needed to fight to get up to go open the door. But before I was able to get up the door opened, and released I was holding a breath hoping it was not my father is was my Best friend 

"How bad is it this time."

"I can barely move, Zola. It hurts too much. I don't think I can do this anymore," I started to cry when Zola came over to hold me while crying my eyes out."It will be ok. I will figure out 

something before your 15th birthday, ok." Slowing down my crying and was finally able to respond to her without trying to hyperventilate."Ok, but I don't think I could last another beating from him." Zola started to clean all the wounds on my body, but it was unbearable when she got to my back. Hissing at the pain while she disinfected the open wounds and even had to stitch some of them up.

"Wow, he did a number on you." trying to move away because I hate when I have to rely on someone else."It's fine. I can handle it," I hissed. She knew that I could not take anymore abuse

"We will get out of this hell hole, I promise." not being able to fall asleep after Zola finished cleaning my wounds,because whenever I would shut my eyes, all I would see is those monsters hitting me over and over. I tried to go back to sleep, but no luck.

 Forcing myself to wake up even though I barely slept and got severely beaten the day before. Still having work to do. I carefully started and also to make sure that my stitches did not open while working. While working I try to stay far away from Dracul as possible; that is one thing that came in my favor. Going to my room once everything was done and tried to relax before my father returned home from doing pack work and would beat me again. 

It started to get closer to the sunset, which meant he was on his way home, but before thinking about it more, my head started to pound, and it hurt so freakin 'bad that I thought I would pass out from the amount of pain there was. But,  I knew that it was Rieka trying to talk to me.

I'm Going to pass out. I can't do it anymore, Yes you can; we will get through this. How will we do it, Rieka? Just how! It will take time, Lola, you wait. The time is coming soon, stay a little longer. Before I knew it, the headache was gone, and my door slammed open to reveal my worst nightmare, my father.

 already knowing that he was drunk out of his mind with a belt with him. I did not get a chance to get up off my bed before he dragged me to the floor.I started to cry and plead for him to stop, but he did not listen.

"Please, father stop, I will do anything; just please stop." Trying to make an effort to stop him, but knowing him he would not stop until there was blood."You worthless piece of shit, I should have killed you when you were born." I already know that my back was open again, gushing out blood. Will this be the last time I see Zola or talk to my wolf. everything started to turn black and foggy, I could barely hear anything anymore. The last thing I heard before it all went black was my father saying, you will regret the day you were born, and you will wish you were dead. 

Am I dead? Did he finally do it? No, it can't be, then there was this bright light that caused me to open my eyes but had to shut them because of the light. When my eyes adjusted to the light and was able to see again, I looked around my surroundings and realised that this is not my room or the pack hospital. I was in a room with a nice balcony, turning  towards the balcony, Seeing what looked like a gorgeous young lady on the railing. She was wearing a white dress, with her silver, straight hair down on her shoulders flowing in the wind.

"Come here, my child." While walking closer I looked around some more."Where am I? This is not my room." this place was beautiful,I could stay here everyday."No, it is not. Do you know who I am?" Looking back at the lady and getting a better look at her this time, but when I noticed who it might be, I had to look again; it was the mother herself, the mother of all werewolves, she was the Moon Goddess.

"This can't be real, you are not here." Trying to get the image out of my head, and knowing that this can't happen but here iIam."It is my child. I have summoned you to me so I could tell you that you need to wake up and fight to get into a better life; you need to wake up, my child."

Before I could say anything to her, she was gone, and I was back in the place of darkness.

To contact me or follow me

@ashlynapache     on snapchat
@Ashlyn Gregory    Facebook