Chapter 14

Declan P.O.V

Forcing myself to leave lovebug was hard. Due did not want to leave her, but knowing that Pops was there, I knew he would take care of her. Trying hard to focus on the road and not on my mate's safety made my head cloudy, and I don't need that before I go to blood moon. After many hours on the road, I was finally made my destination.

Climbing off the beast and into the forest to get more information. Looking around, there were still people running around, and there was a lot of screaming too. It made my blood boil just thinking that those screams were once Lola's. Finding out more things than just the abuse was so wrong. I knew I was terrible, but the things that Dracul dose was what I would never do. Getting enough of watching this bastard, I drove back home. 

On the road, I felt Lola start having a hard time breathing, and I knew she was having a panic attack, so I speed up, not caring if I got polled over I needed to get to my love. Making it in required time to the clubhouse, with the pain not going away, I ran into the club to find Zola trying to get her attention. Pushing Zola out of the way, I grabbed Lola's hand to place it on my chest while Pop held her up.

After 10 minutes of trying to get her to calm down, it finally works. Relief washed over me because if I could not stop this, I would have had to take her to the pack doctor. I sat on the floor more comfortably and pulled Lola to me. Laying my head on top of hers and rubbing circles on her back made her look up at me. To then having her arms around my neck as I would leave forever, but I would never. 

I still sat there, just holding her on my lap. I looked over at pops to ask what happened. "She was sitting next to me when Ace came over and sat next to her. He did not realize he was close to Lola. She started to have a panic attack. I tried to stop it, so did Zola, but nothing worked until you got here." I told him that I understand, then Ace piped up and said that he was so sorry repeatedly, but I kept saying it was ok. 

Finally, Lola calmed down. She told me she wanted to go to bed; it was pretty late, so picking her up while I got off the floor, kissing the top of her head and telling her she is safe now. Placing her in my room on the bed, I took off my shoes, shirt, and pants, then slid under the covers with Lola.