Pity

The teens were as usual, at Kaidou's home to study for the upcoming exams.

But it's seemed only Kusuo was having any work done.

The other two were talking about mangas or animes. Things that have no significance to Kusuo.

The psychic abruptly stilled.

On most days the god like teen would block out any thoughts. Only focusing on those near him. He simply tuned everyone out ever since he was a child.

But there are times when he still hears them. Those nasty things people think.

Some people are decent, they mostly think about what they're doing tomorrow, work, their failing marriage, relationships and other stuff that Kusuo has no interest in.

But other people...they all think about abuse, bullying, assault, their insecurities and other depressing stuff.

The worst part is when Kusuo can't distinguish their thoughts from their own.

A never ending cycle of feeling like you can't even have your own walls down inside your own mind.

It was much worst when he was a kid. When he could hear the entire world's thoughts.

Now he can hear only people who are 200 meters close to him. Which is better. He had to hear thoughts in other languages, things about politics and other concerning things.

But, who cares.

To everyone who knows he has psychic abilities, its a gift. A gift everyone dreams of.

What he wouldn't do for them to go away though.

——

Aren was pretty observant if you asked him.

Except, he could never really mange a read on a certain pink haired classmate.

The teen could be stoic and uninterested one minute, then the other he could be pissed and looking like Satan's worst nightmare.

Saiki definitely knew how to fight, he was strong too. Reason why most of the class collectively agrees to leave him alone.

And yet, the kid as so many friends.

But that's besides the point.

Saiki isn't one to be read easily, so you can guess what Aren felt when he saw his friend so...vulnerable, Aren guesses is the right word.

His first were clenched and shaking. His eyes wide, some tears seemed to be forming. And he seemed to be lost in thought.

Shun also noticed the pink haired teen's state. The short teen placed a hand on the usually stoic boy. Aren hesitated before sitting beside his friend.

Saiki blinked before shoving them back a bit and standing up. Heading for the door.

"Saiki, are-are you alright?" Shun glanced worriedly at his classmate.

——

"Saiki, are-are you alright?"

Kusuo turned to face Kaidou. He took one look at the shorter's face, before glaring and exiting the room. Ignoring some protests.

Kaidou's face was covered in pity.

Something Kusuo hated with passion.

Something that only weak people receive.

Something Kusuo feels for others.

Pity is something that Kusuo can't stand when it's directed at him.

He's stronger than this. He's better than this.

He's lived with telepathy all his life. One more hour won't kill him, not like anything could.

Or maybe he hadn't discovered it yet.