➳ 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮

this is gonna be a bit weird, trust me.
you'll be meeting someone you didn't expect to see.
and, another long ass chapter. 2085 words to be exact.

—1986–

Will and Mike are currently biking to school. Nope, they're not riding their own bicycles—they're riding Mike's. Will is sitting on the passenger seat of the bike with his arms wrapped around Mike's waist, and his chin is resting on Mike's shoulder.

They arrived at Hawkins High peacefully, meeting Dustin and Lucas at the parking lot.

"You guys make a cute couple," Dustin smirked.

"I thought they already are?" Lucas questioned.

Dustin put both of his hands up and raised both of his index fingers. "See these two fingers? This is the joke," he brought his right finger down, "and this is you." he brought his left finger up—basically telling Lucas that he didn't meet the joke. Lucas rolled his eyes. Will laughed as they both got off the bike, but Mike only faked a smile. Will frowned, but shook it off.

The four went to their first class together. Mike and Will sat next to each other at the last row, and Dustin and Lucas at the middle row—as usual.

During the whole class, Will felt so uneasy. He couldn't pay attention to what their teacher is saying. All he did the whole time was glance at Mike, wondering why he was acting so weird.

Usually, during their classes together, Mike always has a lot of energy. He would ask random stuff to the teacher to make them laugh, or whisper something funny to Will, or ask Will a question when he doesn't get the lesson.

But today was different. Mike hasn't spoken words to Will. He hasn't said anything to him except 'Hey, let's go.' when he picked him up from their house. That's it. That's the only conversation they had this day.

Will didn't care at first, but it's now their second class which it's just him and Mike. No Lucas, no Dustin. In this class, Mike sits at the very front while Will sits at the back. And again, he couldn't pay attention to the teacher. He was just staring at Mike from his back.

"Will, can you help me with this one?" Will almost jumped when his seatmate, Eleven—aka El, poked him in the arm.

"S-sorry. With what?" he asked.

"This part, I don't get it." she pointed her finger to the sentence written on the book that she can't understand.

Will leaned over to her and explained what it meant. That's the only time that he got his eyes off Mike. He started to feel more disturbed, so he decided to talk to El—they're friends anyway.

"Um, El?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you h-help me?" Will asked nervously.

"Sure. What is it?" El smiled.

Will let out a deep breath. "Y-you know Mike?"

"Your boyfriend." she straight up said. Will blushed but shook his head.

"He, uh.. he's been acting completely different today. He hasn't spoken a word to me—except this morning when he picked me up. But after that, he never talked. I'm worried, El. But I don't know how to ask him.."