Hospital stay (s/o)

Author's note: I was in a hospital for a few days and I wanted to write something about that, so here we go, more comfort.

Warnings: Blood and mentions of self harm

Dabi hadn't heard from you in a few days and he was starting to get worried, if nothing else you usually at least sent him a good night and a good morning text, but he had gotten neither and you weren't answering his texts either.

Dabi had been with the League for the last few days so he hadn't had a chance to go to the apartment to see if you were there, but now that he had some free time and Shigaraki wasn't breathing down his neck, he decided to go check if you were home.

He got to the apartment and slid the key into the lock, pushing the door open quietly.

"(Name)? Are you home?" he asked as he stepped into the apartment, closing the door behind him.

It was quiet and all the lights seemed to be off, maybe you had gone to do some grocery shopping, even though that wouldn't explain the days of radio silence he had been getting from you.

"(Name)?" he asked again, raising his voice a bit this time.

No answer.

Dabi looked through the apartment and found some bloody tissues in the trash can in the bedroom, along with a razor blade that was covered in blood

Where the hell were you? He knew what you'd done, it wasn't hard to guess, but why weren't you home?

Suddenly there was a noise at the door, someone was coming in. Could it be you?

He walked towards the front door and could clearly see that you had come home.

"Where the hell have you been?" Dabi asked, leaning against the door frame, crossing his arms in front of him.

"I-I was at a friend's place for a few days" you said, clearly trying to sound nonchalant.

You put down your backpack and hang up your jacket. Dabi could see something white peeking out from under your hoodie sleeve. So of course he grabbed your arm and pulled your sleeve up. Your wrist was wrapped with a strip of bandage.

"What the hell is this then?" he asked, tightening his grip on your arm, not enough to be painful but enough so you couldn't pull away. "I found the bloody tissues and the blade in the trash, so don't fucking lie to me"

"What the hell do you want me to tell you Dabi?"

"The truth would be nice" he growled and let go of your arm.

You sighed and pinched the bridge of your nose, before explaining: "I relapsed with cutting and I spent the last three days in a psychiatric hospital on a crisis stay"

"Oh" he said.

"Yeah, so I'm gonna go unpack my stuff now if you don't mind" you said and rushed past him.

You went to your shared bedroom and started emptying your backpack on the bed, so you could put your stuff in the correct places. You took your laptop out of the backpack and put it on your table. You took out the few clothes you had taken with you and threw the dirty ones in the laundry basket and folded the rest into your wardrobe.

Dabi was now leaning against the door frame of the bedroom, just looking at you as you put your things away.

"You wanna talk about it?" he finally asked.

"No, not really" you said.

"I only asked as a damn courtesy, we're gonna talk about this"

"Do you think you can just boss me around because you're my boyfriend? Because I can assure you, it gives you no such right"

"I'm not trying to boss you around, I just want what's best for you" he said.

"I don't even know what's best for me, so how could you?" you scoffed.

"Because sometimes I know you better than you know yourself and right now I know you're angry at yourself for relapsing"

You had emptied your backpack and since it was the only throwable thing you could reach, you threw it across the room at the wall and promptly collapsed to your knees, next to the bed.

"I hate myself Dabi, I really do. I was clean for so long and now I fucked that up, just like I fuck everything else up"

Dabi walked to you, and sat down on the floor next to you.

"Come here" he said and opened his arms for you.

You climbed to Dabi's lap and he put his arms around you.

"It doesn't make you a fuck up that you were hurting, the way you dealt with it wasn't the best that's for fucking sure though"

Dabi didn't like you hurting yourself one bit, but he couldn't really be angry at you for just trying to cope, no matter how fucking stupidly you did it. He didn't want to make you feel any worse, but he knew he wasn't exactly the best at comforting people, so he decided to just not say anything more. His patience was really being tested in the next two minutes of silence.

"Dabi?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are you so quiet?" you asked.

"I'm waiting until you're ready to talk and the silence is getting on my fucking nerves"

"Well... I don't really know what to tell you"

"How about... what kind of nutjobs did you meet at the hospital?" he grinned.

"That's rude, you ass" you said with a tiny smile and elbowed him just a little. "But I didn't really talk to anyone, there, my roommate snored all night and I couldn't sleep, but otherwise it was pretty chill"

"There's that smile" he said.

You told Dabi all about your little hospital trip and how you ended up there. He listened, but didn't really comment on anything. He just looked at you with a kind of a weird expression, like it was a mix of worry and sadness, but also something else you couldn't quite grasp.

"Do you feel better now?" he asked.

"I'm not all the way there, but I'm better than when I went to the hospital"

"Glad to hear it"

"A quick change of subject though... I'm starving" you said.

"Me too"

"Pizza?" you asked.

"Pizza it is" Dabi said and pulled you up with him as he stood up. He kissed your forehead and took your hand, leading you to the kitchen to order the pizza.